The overarching goal of the laboratory is to understand how the neural circuits and networks are organized to keep us alive and enable complex behaviors and how these networks may be disrupted in disease. This position will be focused on work ranging from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), the leading cause of neonate death in the United States, to panic disorder, the most common mental illness in the United States, and neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's Disease. Our lab is in an exciting expansion phase with multiple new funding awards from the NIH.
We are seeking motivated and well-organized individuals to work in a high energy and cooperative environment. The successful candidate will benefit from working in a rich and stimulating research lab and be part of a group that nurtures a team science approach to study behavior and physiology.
- Carry out animal physiological and behavioral assays and collect data
- Conducts tissue histology and immuno-histochemistry
- Molecular and cellular work including PCR, plasmid DNA preparations, and cell culture
- Data management and analysis.
- Rodent handling and husbandry
- Assists with lab management and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in neuroscience, genetics, or molecular biology.
- 2-3 years of directly related lab work experience, post-graduation.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills with the ability to keep accurate records of all work performed.
- Good analytical and computer skills.
This position offers excellent benefits, a competitive salary and an outstanding research environment at the Texas Medical Center, with more than 40 non-profit institutions, creating one of the highest densities of clinical, translational, and basic science research facilities in the world.
BCM, and the Molecular Neurobiology Group are equal opportunity employers, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Please respond with a cover letter including a description of work experience, C.V., and contact information for two references to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit:
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website