Baylor College of Medicine is searching for motivated individuals to be part of a large multi-year business process and technology transformation to modernize the important work we do. Our team will be one of the first in our industry to move to the latest in SAP technologies, pioneering solutions to advance our missions of Healthcare, Research, and Education.
We are looking for team member responsible for the continuous improvement and support of BCM's Supply Chain Business Applications including, but not limited to SAP S4/HANA, Plant Maintenance, Inventory, MRP, Warehousing and Jaggaer electronic Procurement. This role will be supporting the Supply Chain Business Application function with a focus on best practice, consistent delivery and effectiveness, building strategic relationships inside the organization, collaborating with business leaders, and supporting team development and growth.
The successful candidate will design, test, implement and support business applications and/or ERP system solutions for Baylor College of Medicine. Investigates advanced application functionality and recommends changes for optimal performance. Manages end-to-end projects or processes. Interfaces with all employee levels within the institution.
Ideal individuals for this role will be passionate about improving business processes, enabling technology to solve business problems, working in an environment experiencing fast-paced change, and developing expertise in the unique field of Academic Medicine.
The position will be hybrid with onsite time occasionally required for team events and in-person meetings. Preference for Houston-based candidates.
Working title: Senior Business Applications Analyst - SAP INV/PM/MM; Internal title: Senior Business Applications AssociateJob Duties
- Responsible for the continuous optimization, integrity and evaluation of the business application(s); efficient processes; and relevant training to applicable staff, faculty and learners.
- Identifies process gaps and solutions that improve quality of service and assists with the development and improvement of the application.
- Stays abreast of new technology solutions that improve efficiency within Material Management Processes (including but not limited to: Inventory, MRP, Plant Maintenance and Source to Pay).
- Adjusts and refines configuration of supported application(s).
- Serves as a project leader for implementations of business application software releases and new products.
- Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to the business application usage and performance.
- Assists with complex projects that require knowledge of business application functionality.
- Creates and maintains high-quality documentation for system capabilities, support requirements, reporting, and end-user training documentation.
- Develops effective working relationships with key customer stakeholders, including members of departmental owners, finance team members, IT team members and third party suppliers
- Primary Responsibility for technical and functional support of SAP Inventory Management (including MRP & Vendor Managed Inventory, Material Masters, scanning technology) & Plant Maintenance. Also serve as backup support for Materials Management (Procurement) module and the Jaggaer toolset.
- Uses knowledge to proactively identify process gaps and solutions that improve quality of service.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a list of support responsibilities, project tasks, and proposed enhancements and working with team leader and business stakeholders to prioritize work.
- Communicates with end users including both Central and Departmental users and leaders. Excellent communication and listening skills are essential.
- Works with third-party suppliers including vendor-managed inventory, MRP, and catalog management.
- Responds promptly to customer requests and establishes a trusted relationship with customers.
- Provides assistance and training to end users and peers at a variety of levels across BCM.
- Must have ability to translate business requirements into solutions that are supportable and leverage the software package's capabilities to the fullest extent
- Requires work after hours or on weekends from time to time to support critical business activities or project deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Advanced SAP experience in the following modules: Inventory Management, Plant Maintenance, MM, S4/Hana a plus
- Working knowledge of how responsible modules of SAP interact with other modules such as Finance
- Experience in Jaggaer One a plus
- Demonstrated analyst skills and relational database experience
- Advanced Excel and Power BI skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; DI
Apply on company website