The Schnur laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a motivated, highly organized, and resourceful individual to recruit and assess adults with acute stroke in a hospital setting, and to test healthy and impaired language speakers.
Beyond recruiting and testing participants, the position will also involve other facets of research including organizing and analyzing behavioral and neuroimaging data.Job Duties
- Recruiting and testing acute stroke patients and during follow-up (75%).
- Organizing data from assessments (10%).
- Analyzing data from assessments (10%).
- Preparing data for public dissemination (5%).
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) and Texas State Licensure as a Speech Pathologist from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR).
- Previous experience assessing cognitive abilities in neurotypical and/or brain-damaged populations
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website