Job ID R63 Full / Part Time:Full time
Through the leadership of the Baystate Health Pharmacy Managers/Director and Anticoagulation Coordinator, the Authorized Ambulatory Care Pharmacist is primarily responsible for leading and providing comprehensive and collaborative pharmaceutical care of patients in the ambulatory anticoagulation setting. The Authorized Ambulatory Care Pharmacist is also expected to serve as a leader amongst their colleagues, supporting workflow and education as appropriate.
Through collaboration with physician supervisors, the pharmacist is expected to provide comprehensive drug therapy management in the Ambulatory Care setting. This may be done through the management of BH Drug Therapy protocols (i.e. CDTM, clinic protocols). The incumbent will practice in the anticoagulation clinic where they will perform warfarin adjustment, education, and point of care lab monitoring for patients on a daily basis. This pharmacist will be responsible for prescribing drug therapy, ordering relevant labs to monitor the patient, and detecting and resolving drug-related problems. The Authorized Ambulatory Care Pharmacist supports and leads clinical pharmacy and medication management initiatives, serves as the pharmacy representative on committees as appropriate, participates in research, and contributes to the advancement of knowledge through teaching and education of Pharmacy students, Pharmacy residents and Pharmacy staff, as well as Nursing staff and Prescriber staff both internally and externally.
In addition, the Authorized Ambulatory Care Pharmacist serves as a preceptor for APPE students and pharmacy residents. Responsibilities include program/syllabus development and maintenance in order to achieve program goals and provision of sound academic and clinical training for students and residents.Job Responsiblities:
1) Provide Comprehensive Pharmaceutical Care for Care Area Through Collaborative Drug Therapy Management and/or Clinic Protocols, will manage the pharmaceutical care of patients that are referred to the clinic. This may include:Prescribing drug therapy or providing refill authorizationsOrdering lab tests to monitor the patient for therapy effectiveness and adverse eventsInterviewing the patient and performing relevant physical assessments where appropriateDocument interventions according to a standard of careEnsure care is delivered in a regulatory-compliant mannerElevate patient concerns as appropriate to the supervising physician(s)
2) Advancement of Knowledge for Baystate Medical Center and Baystate Health:Serve as the primary preceptor for APPE pharmacy students and Pharmacy residents in their care areas and a backup preceptor for other rotations as appropriatePlan, develop, and implement staff development support for prescribers and nursesFacilitate Clinical Pharmacist development in specialty care area Design and provide presentations, publications, and other informative activities related to patient care and other drug-related topics for internal and external audiences Meets ASHP residency/School of Pharmacy requirements for preceptors.
3) Participate in Appropriate Medical Center Committees:Pharmacy Academic Advisory Committee Clinical Pharmacy Leadership CommitteeCare Area-specific Committees/groups
4) Participate in Pharmacy-Research Projects:Medication related, patient outcomes research Serve as a residency project mentor for pharmacy residents as appropriateRequired Work Experience:
1) For CDTM-authorized practice sites: Five years of experience as a licensed pharmacist or equivalent defined by the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy in their advisory issued February 2019Preferred Work Experience:
1) For Non-CDTM practice sites: Previous retail/ambulatory experienceSkills and Compentencies:
1) Excellence in clinical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor of Science: Pharmacy (Required), Doctor of Pharmacy: Pharmacy
Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist - Board of Pharmacy Specialist, Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist - Board of Pharmacy Specialist
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website