Baystate Wing Hospital (BWH) a 74-bed community hospital located in Palmer, Massachusetts, also joined Baystate Health in 2015. Baystate Wing offers 24-hour emergency care as well as a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services, including comprehensive outpatient behavioral health and addiction recovery services. Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center, a satellite facility of Baystate Wing Hospital located eleven miles away in Ware, MA, offers 24-hour emergency services and a broad range of outpatient medical and surgical services, ancillary services, and cancer services through the Baystate Regional Cancer Program. Baystate Wing Hospital and Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center serve patients living in Hampden, Hampshire, and Worcester counties. The hospital's five ambulatory care centers in Belchertown, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer and Wilbraham, offer extensive outpatient services to meet the needs of their communities. The Hospital also includes the Griswold Behavioral Health Center, which provides comprehensive behavioral health and addiction recovery services.
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities of the total patient care service during his/her assigned shift. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the Nursing Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for administrative decision and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-call.
What you will do:
- Performs all aspects of the job in an environment that optimizes patient/staff safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Participates actively in problem solving within the department/between departments.
- Communicates with supervisor and peers.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with other departments.
- Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift.
- Participates and assists in patient care meetings, inservice education functions, planning and providing of inservice education programs within the hospital, or other meetings, seminars or institutes conducted outside the hospital.
- Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and establishes a positive working relationship with staff and physicians
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- MA RN License
- Staff nurse and manager experience required
- Other courses in management, human resources and supervision preferred
All Baystate Health transfers are contingent upon receiving a successful reference from your current supervisor and approval from Health Services which may include a drug screen. Transfers may also require verification of additional credentials, a driving record check, a national background check or other employment or background verifications. An authorized Human Resources representative or the hiring manager may review your human resources file if you are selected as the finalist for a position. Internal applicants must meet all requirements and qualifications of the job posting. This position may be part of the Caregiver Identification Program. Please refer to eWorkplace for details.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website