Job ID R266 Full / Part Time:Part time
As the Behavioral Health Resource Tech (BRT) at Baystate Wing Hospital, your essential functions include; is responsible for providing continuous observation of the patient or patients they are assigned to. The BRT role is to ensure that the patient does nothing to harm themselves or others. The BRT must maintain a safe environment and interact with the patient, family, and staff in a caring professional manner. As a member of the health care team, the BRT will provide care for the patient and may include bathing, feeding, toileting, ambulating, turning, and repositioning as assigned. When caring for two behavioral patients, minimal patient care is required. The BRT is responsible for reporting any changes in the patient's condition or behavior to the nurse immediately and documenting every 15 minutes during their shift. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.In addition, Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides Age Appropriate Care To Patients
- Develops And Maintains Good Human Relations Skills.
- Provides constant observation of the patient/s intervening as necessary to ensure patient safety.
- Provides care for the patient; bathing, feeding, toileting, ambulating, turning, and repositioning.
- Receives report from the RN and off going BRT when reporting for duty. Reports off to the RN and on coming BRT 100% of the time. Provides immediate care to maintain the patient's safety.
- Maintains A Safe Environment For The Patient
- Understands the care for specific diagnoses such as suicidal, eating disordered, drug or alcohol withdrawal, PICA, Alzheimer's, anoxic brain injury etc.
- Communicates to patients that they are a high priority even during busy times. Treats patient information as confidential. Displays sensitivity to patients through non-verbal communication. Utilizes body language such as eye contact, smiling, etc. to demonstrate interest in patient.
- Participates in Competency Validations, Educational Activities and Staff Meetings
What you will need?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as a direct health care provider, previous psych sitter, CNA, MA, HHA or PCA
- CPR required- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- CPI training preferred
Position located at Baystate Wing Hospital, Palmer, MA
Part-time, 16 Hours/Week NIght Shift including rotating weekends and holidays
Please submit resume with online application
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Clinical Documentation Special - Various, Certified Crisis Prevention - Crisis Prevention Institute
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website