Job ID R191 Full / Part Time:Full time
This position provides case management services to patients. Executes case management/adherence activities to help patients remain in care. Gathers, pursues and follows through with obtaining information pertinent to the clients' situation. Provides individualized counseling, initiates and engages telephone contacts, disseminates relevant and timely information, provides linkages and outreach services which connect clients with community services as needed. Participates as a team member by assisting co-workers as necessary to meet case management and program objectives.
- Demonstrates proficiency in knowledge and operation of current documentation system and CIS documentation system to retrieve and accurately enter appropriate clinical information.
- Assess insurance needs, and provide assistance as required to obtain appropriate insurance coverage. Works with agency Program, proactively assisting patients in obtaining data needed and completing application process bi annually.
- Initiate and complete initial assessment and service plan, working with individual to identify SMART Goals, Complete biannual reassessments, goals and case review
- Demonstrates a knowledge of community agencies, and actively maintains professional contacts with them. Responsible for referrals and communication with said community agencies including dental, residential and financial assistance programs.
- Maintain patient files assuring completeness and competency with all required documentation
- Attends meetings that provide education, support and guidance to increase knowledge and work skills.
- Is community oriented; has solid knowledge of local service networks and available resources in the community Working with Nurse Case Manager and Providers, completes any and all referrals for social services offered by community based agencies
- Performs home visits, in patient visits and outreach that includes communication with patient, providers and family during hospilization and at time of discharge. Ensures patients identified by provider as lost to care will be reconnected to care
- Responsible to attend and participate in State and Federal site visits and chart reviews
- 2 years' experience working in the fields of HIV, Hep C or addictions
- Knowledge of local service networks and available resources in the community.
- Ability to get clearance and work in a security environment (health services unit in a jail)
- Valid drivers' license and transportation - see Fleet Policy
Fleet Policy Statement
Applicants must possess a valid driver's license recognized by the employee's state of residence and satisfactory finding from their Motor Vehicle history report as a contingency of employment. A drug screen is required after an offer of employment is extended. Failure to comply with or have acceptable test results will result in the rescinding of the employment offer. Employees whose positions are covered by this policy are subject to random drug screening and an annual review of their motor vehicle history.Skills and Competencies:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills, written and verbal, preferred
- Computer literate
- Excellent phone skills required
- Knowledge of medical insurance
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Able to drive to community home visits
- Hours- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30pm
- This position will entail Community Outreach
This position is either partially or fully funded by a grant. As a grant funded employee, you will be considered a Baystate Health employee with the following stipulations:
Your employment will be for the duration of the grant. Continued employment, beyond the initial period, is contingent upon the availability of new grant funding.
Associates of Science: Human Services, GED or HiSET (Required)
Driver License - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website