Job ID 86255 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under the management Cardiac Cath Lab Manager, the Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) is a part of a patient care team that performs various cardiac, neuro and peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. The RCIS must possess expertise in the theory and application of cardiovascular/peripheral vascular disease process, procedures, as well as aseptic technique. The RCIS will be able to anticipate the next steps of the procedure by constant attention and assessment of the process and patient condition to promote a safe, expedient, quality patient outcome and positive patient experience. The RCIS will scrub and assist the physician at the procedural table. They will also monitor, identify and record pertinent EKG and hemodynamic data. They will submit charges and document chronological events of the procedure. They will set up, operate and may troubleshoot Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP), Rotoblator, Impella, Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR), Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS), CSI in addition to any new technologies. They will act as a resource to the physician by understanding the potential application, risks and benefits of all available procedural supplies and equipment. They will anticipate, gather and deliver required items to the sterile field using aseptic technique. The RCIS may precept students and new employees.The RCIS will be an active member of a 24/7 call team supporting Cardiac and Neurological emergencies. Applications: Cerner(CIS), McKesson Horizon Cardiology, Vuemed.Job Responsiblities:
1) Participates in team huddle/time-out and all aspects of procedure
2) Acts as a first assist during diagnostic and interventional catheterization procedures
3) Maintains RCIS, AHA certification in ACLS and Healthcare Provider BLS
4) Operates and maintains all diagnostic and therapeutic under the direction of the performing physician.
5) Prepares patient for procedure in prep/recovery area and procedure room.
6) Explains process and reinforces patient teachings throughout procedure.
7) Sets up non-invasive monitoring. (EKG, BP, Pulse Oximetry, etc.)
8) Preps and drapes patient using appropriate aseptic and sterile technique.
9) Facilitate insertion and manipulation of guide-wires and catheters into vasculature under fluoroscopic guidance for diagnostic and interventional purposes
10) Obtains invasive hemodynamic data, cardiac output and blood samples
11) Injects contrast manually or with the aid of a mechanical contrast device to visualize cardiovascular anatomical structures(angiography).
12) Manages diagnostic and therapeutic modalities. (FFR, IMPELLA, IABP, Angiojet, Rotoblator, CSI)
13) Performs Point of Care testing
14) Assist and performs emergency resuscitation
15) Performs patient monitoring as well as complete and accurate documentation of all aspects of procedure. Captures and inputs data for procedural calculations.
16) Manages access site and hemostasis, manual sheath removal
17) Attends staff meetings, in-service and other designated training events that will enhance clinical and other required skills
18) Performs at least minimum of on call rotations as determined by staffing requirements and manager discretion to ensure competency is maintained.
19) Dysrhythmia recognitionRequired Work Experience:
What You Will Need:
- Associates degree in a Health science related field
- Healthcare Provider BLS is required
- ACLS preferred or will be completed with training
- Enrolled in an Accredited Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist program or 6 months Cardiovascular Experience
What You Need To Know:
- 12 hour shift 36 hours (24/7 Call and Coverage)
- 7:00am to 7:00pm
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website