Job ID R2531 Full / Part Time:Part time
The music therapist is a certified professional who has the responsibility, accountability and authority for providing coordinated, comprehensive care in accordance with the objectives, policies, standards and procedures of Baystate Home Health and Hospice.Job Responsibilities:
1) Plan, organize, or direct medically prescribed music therapy activities designed to positively influence patients' psychological or behavioral status.
2) Adapt existing or create new music therapy assessment instruments or procedures to meet an individual client's needs.
3) Analyze data to determine the effectiveness of specific treatments or therapy approaches.
4) Review research or literature in music therapy or related disciplines.Assess client functioning levels, strengths, and areas of need in terms of perceptual, sensory, affective, communicative, musical, or other abilities.
5) Communicate client assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
6) Confer with professionals on client's treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
7) Design music therapy experiences to meet client's goals or objectives. Improvise instrumentally, vocally, or physically to meet client's therapeutic needs.
8) Establish client goals or objectives for music therapy treatment, considering client needs, capabilities, interests, overall therapeutic program, coordination of treatment, or length of treatment.
9) Gather diagnostic data from sources such as case documentation, observations of clients, or interviews of clients or family members.
10) Conduct information sharing sessions, such as in-service workshops for other professionals, potential client groups, or the general community.
11) Observe and document client reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to music therapy.
12) Plan or structure music therapy sessions to achieve appropriate transitions, pacing, sequencing, energy level, or intensity in accordance with treatment plans.
13) Play musical instruments, such as keyboard, guitar, or percussion instruments. Compose, arrange, or adapt music for music therapy treatments.
14) Provide music therapy experiences to address client needs, such as using music for self-care, adjusting to life changes, improving cognitive functioning, raising self-esteem, communicating, or controlling impulses.
15) Select or adapt musical instruments, musical equipment, or non-musical materials, such as adaptive devices or visual aids, to meet treatment objectives.
16) Write treatment plans case summaries, or progress or other reports related to individual clients. Assess the risks and benefits of treatment termination for clients.
17) Supervise staff, volunteers, practicum students, or interns engaged in music therapy activities.
18) Conduct or assist in the conduct of music therapy research.
19) Identify and respond to emergency physical or mental health situations.
20) Integrate behavioral, developmental, improvisational, medical, or neurological approaches into music therapy treatments.Required Work Experience:
1) 1 year of voluntary experience in appropriate fieldPreferred Work Experience:
1) 1-2 years' paid or voluntary work experience gain in areas like mental health, pediatrics, education, special needs, and/or social servicesSkills and Competencies:
1) Excellent communication, listening and observational skills
2) A high level of musical ability and knowledge
3) The ability to relate to people from all backgrounds
4) The ability to handle sensitive and difficult issues
5) Emotional strength and ability to cope with challenging situations
6) Empathy and the ability to gain clients' trust
7) The cofidence to work with people on their own and in groups
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Music Therapist - Board of Certified Music Therapists
Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website