Job ID R1659 Full / Part Time:Full time
Daily activities are coordinated by the RN. Performs a variety of technical tasks and bedside functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care, mobility and monitoring. Multi-skilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to phlebotomy and EKGs. Expected to manage equipment and perform or assist in all procedures on unit.Job Responsibilities:
1) Provides age-appropriate care to patients.Demonstrates the knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care for patients.
2) Monitors basic physiological parameters.Takes and records routine vital signs within the specified time frame as indicated by periodic review of documentation. Obtains and documents weights/heights, abdominal girths, head circumference (Pediatric Service) as per physician/nurse order 100% of the time as indicated by quarterly review of 5 records. Consistently reports any significant deviations in vital signs as outlined in the procedure immediately. Records and reports, 100% of the time, any change in patient's normal drainage pattern, i.e. Gastric, wound, blood.
3) Administers treatments and procedures in accordance with BMC policy/procedure.Changes dressings within one hour of specified time frame in accordance with established procedure. Provides postmortem care as directed by RN according to BMC policy. Performs all procedures outlined in nursing procedure manual within area of responsibility in accordance with specifications. Assists physicians with exams and simple procedures. Assures identity of patient by checking identification bracelet and identification band prior to performing any procedure.
4) Assists patients with elimination of body wastes.Makes available or offers bedpan, urinal and emesis basin immediately after patient request as indicated by absence of patient complaints. Accurately labels and sends specimens of urine, feces and sputum with 30 minutes of specified time frame unless discussed with RN as evidenced by random review of reports. Accurately measures and records intake and output in accordance with established policy as indicated by random review of intake and output forms. Administers enemas or Harris Drips as ordered in accordance with established procedure as observed.
5) Performs POC testing
6) Assist in the delivery of ancillary services as directed.Assists with treatment by following specified treatment plans developed for individual patients. Monitors patient's condition during treatment and notifies appropriate personnel of unexpected occurrences. Provides information to RN based upon observation made during patient related care. Provides treatment within the specified time frame. Documents treatments and activities consistently.
7) Communicates effectively with team and patients.Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team. Recognizes culturally based patient and family needs.
8) Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures.Responds effectively in emergency situations as observed. Maintains Patient safety at all times. Communicated effectively with appropriate personnel.
9) Functions as a member of the team. Assists team members with clinical activities. Provides feedback related to the team process. Assists team members with non-clinical activities.
10) Competencies and completion and maintenance of clinical recognition program for career ladder level.
Qualifications:Proficient in reading and writing in English
GED or HiSET required
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association required
Certified Nurse Aide - Various
Hours/Schedule: Full time 6a-630p 36hrs/week
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Nurse Aide - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website