Job ID R445 Full / Part Time:Full time
Assists patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determines patient's capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Observe all health and safety requirements. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Identifies, evaluates, treats and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient, homecare and contract basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
2) Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports
4) Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management.
5) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments.
6) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in evaluation, treatment and counseling.
7) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the department standards.
8) Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
9) Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
10) Conveys information obtained from continuing education programs to physical therapy staff by developing and conducting in-service training programs
11) Assists with on-the-job orientation and training for student internsRequired Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years experience as PT
2) Successfully meet career ladder requirements for Level IIPreferred Work Experience:
1) None ListedSkills and Competencies:
1) Mid-Level PT skills, Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level
Master of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Various, Physical Therapist - Various
Collaboration, Courage, Customer focus, Ownership, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website