Job ID R1736 Full / Part Time:Full time
Responsible for the provision of basic nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BNH Standards of Care. Administers and monitors therapeutic interventions proficiently. Demonstrates proficiency in applying the nursing process to assigned patients and families. Assumes accountability for the outcomes of nursing care. Provides direct supervision to other health team members in the implementation of the patient care plan. Effectively delegates care to peers, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Orderlies and other direct care givers consistent with their level of education and expertise. Acts as an advocate for patients/families/significant others. Assumes accountability for own professional practice and for aspects of nursing care delegated to others. Practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing. Demonstrates ability to handle difficult and stressful patient situations. Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Evidence of a commitment to professional growth through participation in continuing education.Job Responsibilities:
1) Assessment: The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patients health or the situation
2) Diagnosis: The registered nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine issue
3) Outcome identification: The registered nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation.
4) Planning: The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
5) Implementation: The registered nurse implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and healthy environment.
6) Evaluation: The registered nurse evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
7) The registered nurse manages nurse-patient/family relationships which may include advocacy, comfort, cultural competence and sensitivity, therapeutic communication, education, and health care transition management.
8) The registered nurse meets all practice/safety, HCAHPS and quality standards
Bachelor of Nursing Degree / Associates Degree of Nursing
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Various
Full-time 36 hours, 7:00pm-7:00am
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website