Job ID 86813 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, perform a variety of duties involving all aspects of Respiratory Care. In doing so, maintain and monitor a variety of equipment for both infants and adults. Obtain arterial blood gas samples, assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, perform EKG tracings and keep accurate records of all patient therapies. These descriptions cover the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Responsible for the care and treatment of all age ranges of patients.Job Responsiblities:
1) Performance reflects knowledge in theory, methods, techniques, skills and behaviors required to achieve high quality results in a variety of ages in patients. Demonstrates competence in all respiratory care procedures in areas within their relam of responsibility 95-98% of the time.
2) Maintains a complete knowledge in the principles of anatomy and physiology, gas laws, and acid base balance, pathology of basic lung diseases, and pharmacology 80% of the time.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of daily operations of department including, but not limited to, polices and procedures for R.C. modalities, safety, and infection control.
4) Consistently strives for a high level of excellence in respiratory care by suggestin most beneficial modality of therapy, while keeping in mind patient comfort, safety and potential patient imporvment (outcome) on that therapy 95% of the time.
5) Demonstrates knowledge of theory, equipment and clinical situations by applying it to new equipment and/or new and unusual situations 90% of the time.
6) Demonstrates knowledge of theory, equipment and clinical situations by applying it to new equipment and/or new and unusual situations 90% of the time.
7) Consistently acts as a role model through clinical excellence and patient assessment skills 95% of the time.
8) Respects patients right to privacy,dignity and confidentiality 100% of the time. Identifies self to patient and informs patient of procedure to be performed 100% of the time.
9) Ability to work cooperatively with a team of people, whether peers or other members of the health care profession 95-98% of the time.
10) Deals with positively in the work areas by exhibiting courtesy, control of emotions and understnading to patients, visitors, peers, supervisors and other memebers of the health care team 100% of the time.
What You Will Need:
• A minimum of an associate degree from an accredited respiratory therapy education program required
• A current Respiratory Therapy Mass License.
• Certified RT required
• CPR required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
What You Need To Know:
- Full Time position; 36 hours/week
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website