Job ID 86144 Full / Part Time:Part time
Responsible for the provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BH Standards of Care. Administers and monitors patient response to therapeutic interventions. The RN demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process as it relates to patients and families; is accountable for professional nursing practice; collaborates with health team members, patients/families in the provision of care; delegates to and provides direct supervision to other health team members as appropriate in the implementation of the patient care plan; acts as an advocate for patients/families/significant others and practices within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing. Clinicians practicing at this advanced level of care deliver exceptional care that is holistic rather than segmental care and that is collaborative in nature. The clinician recognizes the most important aspects of care and has an intuitive grasp on patient's needs. The nurse based on experience and understanding, recognizes the most important aspects of care. They often have an intuitive grasp of patients /families/unit needs. They are patient champions and role model advocacy. They have solid communication and interpersonal skills. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform similar and related duties as assigned. The Manager/Director is responsible for ensuring that the RN consistently meets the necessary behaviors.Job Responsiblities:
1) The six Standards of Practice describe a competent level of nursing care as demonstrated by the critical thinking model known as the nursing process. The nursing process includes the components of assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The nursing process encompasses all significant actions taken by registered nurses, and forms the foundation of the nurse's decision-making. (ANA Standards of Nursing Practice, 2004)
2) Standard 1. The Assessment: The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
3) Standard 2. Diagnosis: The registered nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnosis or issue.
4) Standard 3. Outcome identification: The registered nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation.
5) Standard 4. Planning: The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
6) Standard 5. Implementation: The registered nurse implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and a healthy environment.
7) Standard 6. Evaluation: The registered nurse evaluates progress towards attainment of outcomes.
8) The RN III: Examines practice problems from an evidence based perspective. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to resolve system issues that result in safe patient practices based on quality measures, standards and evidence. Takes responsibility for a culture of safety on the unit. Meets unit/divisional mandatory annual requirements. Role models conflict resolution strategies to advocate for patient, family and staff needs.
9) The registered nurse manages nurse-patient/family relationships which may include advocacy, comfort, cultural competence and sensitivity, therapeutic communication, educational dn health care transition management.
10) The registered nurse meets all clinic practice/safety and quality standards.Required Work Experience:
1) Promotional opportunity at Baystate Health must have five (5) or more years of clinical experiencePreferred Work Experience:
1) None ListedSkills and Compentencies:
1) Baystate Health required competencies per department
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website