Job ID R2259 Full / Part Time:Part time
This position is 16 hours per week, EVERY Saturday and Sunday, 7a-3pm.Summary:
The Clinical Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the safe and effective management of patient care. The supervisor is responsible for translating the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and inpatient services. Job Responsibilities:
1) Coordinates patient care activities across all units/departments for a designated shift. Acts as senior administrator on duty for patient care areas and other departments when unit and department managers as appropriate. Responds to patient care issues, investigates complaints and occurrences. Completes essential administrative reports for the shift, including occurrence reports in a timely manner. Understands labor-management contract and implements all essential components during shift assigned.
2) Monitors and insures excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care on the nursing unit. Ensures the clinical competence of staff through the direct interaction and observation, ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and feedback from other members of the health care team. Administers direct nursing care to patients to role model appropriate patient care interventions. Maintains competence in clinical skills: IV starts; medical administration; computer/CIS skills; IVAD/CIS access; and patient care protocols. Serves as clinical expert for patients, families, staff and other departments. Rounds on every unit as often as needed during designated shift.
3) Assists in the orientation of staff, monitors patient care, and makes direct observations of the outcomes of care. Provides feedback to staff to promote growth and development. Collaborates with nurse manager and nurse educators to promote competent practice. Identifies opportunities for education through observation, dialogues, and review of policies and procedures.
4) Monitors patient care activities determining patient care needs, staff competencies and available resources. Directs resources as needed to meet patient care requirements. Calls in additional staff to meet patient care requirements. Updates ANSOS to facilitate compilation of accurate productivity and attendance reports. Documents variances in staffing utilizing computer generated scheduling system. Works with nurse manager and staff coordinator to anticipate staffing needs on other shifts.
5) Attends departmental meetings monthly. Communicates directly with clinical manager regarding patient care issues or staff performance issues as needed. Participates in at least one department and/or hospital committee. Assures adherence to hospital policy and compliance with regulations concerning control of medications. Maintains good interdepartmental relations. Adheres to Franklin Medical Center's policies, including appearance, attendance and punctuality.
6) Engages in continuing education activities with an emphasis on leadership/ management. Is a member of a professional nursing organization. Exemplifies the Baystate Best operating principals in all interactions.
Associates of Science: Nursing (Required), Bachelor of Nursing Degree
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Various, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website