It's an exciting time at Bed Bath and Beyond….. we have ambitious plans to expand our Owned Brand (private label) offering over the next 1-3 years. We are looking for talented individuals in design and product development in a range of home products – come join us!
As an Associate Product Manager at Bed Bath & Beyond, you will play a key role in supporting the product development life-cycle. You will be responsible in set categories for development and sourcing based on strategic business opportunities.
- Cost negotiation: Exhibits solid cost negotiation skills and understanding of total impact to business
- Sourcing: Supports sourcing strategy and leverages vendor base appropriately
- Cross functional team alignment + timelines: Adheres to seasonal calendar, remains up to date on every step of the process
- Sales: Interprets sales data effectively, Understands how this affects category development/production
- Profitability: Understand different profitability metrics and how to analyze costing to support objective
- Product knowledge: Become the in-house product expert that the merchant community can trust.
- Be the expert in terms of product knowledge: material, specification, production, regional / COO sourcing, cost-engineering/ cost component.
- Production management: Track production shipment to ensure on-time delivery, trouble-shoot effectively and serve up exceptions to Manager.
- Analyze the marketplace by visiting trade shows, competitors' stores and websites. Provide market recaps to help make informed market decisions. Prepare supporting information for key vendor meetings.
Organization & Time Management
- Adheres to product development calendar and ensures deadlines are being met and improve speed to market.
- Manages all necessary administrative tasks and maintains accurate department reports/documents in an organized filing system.
- Ensures sample maintenance/pass offs are organized and adhere to calendar dates.
- Assesses the length and difficulty of a task. Anticipates and adjusts for roadblocks.
- Effectively processes meeting outputs and actions next steps appropriately
- Written communication should be concise and timely. Objectives, expected outcomes, and deadlines are clearly communicated to the necessary recipients.
- Is trustworthy and serves as a credible liaison within, and outside of, the organization.
- Keeps manager informed of projects status in an organized & timely manner. Attempts to troubleshoot & articulates a well thought out plan for manager feedback, as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to handle sensitive and/or proprietary information while maintaining strong relationships with the vendor community.
Professional & Interpersonal
- Actively seeks to build rapport and leverage cross-functional partnerships to carry out the team's objectives.
- Handles varied personalities and situations with tact and confidentiality, while driving resolution of issues.
- Treats peers, vendors, management and staff with dignity and respect at all times.
- Is open-minded on direction, supervision and criticism & looks for continuous improvement.
- Owns day to day responsibilities independently - knows when to escalate
- Seeks feedback and applies it to personal growth.
- Domestic and international travel to manage existing programs and evaluate product opportunities required (per state, federal guidelines)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of two to three years previous related experience required preferably in product development.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and adapt to / support process improvement.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PPT, Quick Base experience preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website