buybuy BABY is America's leading specialty retailer for baby registry and infant to toddler merchandise. Founded in 1996 and acquired by Bed Bath & Beyond in 2007, buybuy BABY has grown into 135 stores across the US and Canada and holds a strong ecommerce presence, buybuybaby.com. buybuy BABY prides itself in being the only major retailer in its space with brick & mortar stores with exceptional customer service and expertise, coupled with the largest assortment and products from the top baby brands. buybuy BABY is uniquely positioned to be the brand which helps families welcome every little step.
The company is amid an enterprise-wide transformation to rebuild its authority in all things baby while increasing loyalty and customer life cycle through deeper and more meaningful connections with parents; a digital-first, omni-always shopping experience and a modernized registry experience.
The buybuy BABY Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for driving and building true omni-channel marketing strategy and brand campaigns that create awareness, engagement and preference for buybuy BABY. The ideal candidate will be an experienced strategic brand marketer with an integrated marketing skillset that loves to uncover customer insights, build compelling brand stories and create digital-first, social-led content that brings our brand to life across all customer touchpoints. The right candidate can think both creatively and analytically and understands the value of relationship-building to drive results. Must possess a keen marketing / consumer curiosity and the strong leadership skills to pursue each project with enthusiasm and passion. The role will report to the Sr. Director, Marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING: Seeking a Brand Marketing Manager who will develop, execute and measure integrated brand marketing campaigns and media strategies that puts our buybuy BABY customer first.
- Creates and aligns the business to a customer-inspired, data-driven marketing strategy and plan that drives the transformation of the buybuy BABY brand.
- Clearly communicates and inspires the marketing organization and wider enterprise with transformational plans for buybuy BABY.
- Develops and executes communication strategies that support brand priorities, products, campaigns, events, retail partners, providers, and corporate initiatives such as: loyalty, registry, CSG and ESG.
- Partners with HR and Store Ops to create a plan that seamlessly links customer value proposition, associate value proposition and customer experience program.
- Provides thought leadership to identify new, innovative and digital-first ways to connect brands to all relevant customer segments.
- Researches, develops and implements new and effective marketing strategies for integrated product and brand awareness campaigns, and always on brand building initiatives.
- Partners with Integrated Marketing, channel owners and operational teams in upfront campaign and channel planning.
- Oversees and develops agency relationships with internal/external partners including PR, creative, influencer and social.
- Leads social agency on radical reinvention of buybuy BABY social presence to build and grow an authentic and engaged parent community as part of the company's newly developed customer value proposition.
- Leads public relations by managing the relationship with an external agency for media placements, leadership/conference speaking opportunities, and product seeding to further spread brand awareness, press mentions, and brand engagement.
- Leads external influencer agency partner for influencer marketing strategy; goal setting and success criteria for evergreen and product/campaign-specific executions; includes vetting influencers and celebrities for brand alignment.
- Manages brief, feedback, and creative development process in partnership with creative teams, external agencies and internal partners on key brand initiatives.
- Works with consumer insights, media teams and agency partners to clearly define, measure and document campaign objectives and performance including increasing awareness, driving customer engagement, and supporting the overall customer growth strategy.
- Helps drive and execute a digital-first content strategy and calendar for the brand to ensure focus on big business bets and relevancy during seasonal and cultural moments.
- Leads exploration of brand & media partnership opportunities and supports execution collaborating with the Digital Marketing, Merchant and Business Development teams as necessary.
- Ensures brand consistency across all touchpoints. QA all assets for marketing priorities & accuracy; ensure brand consistency across channels; last line of defense in proofing stage.
- Works with project managers in optimizing processes and timelines to ensure on-time delivery for successful creative execution and delivery.
- Manages the brand marketing budget and own full process of monthly reconciliation and partnership with finance team P&L.
- Other brand projects and initiatives as needed.
- Mentors and coaches one direct report.
WHAT'S REQUIRED TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will bring the following proficiencies and capabilities:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in brand marketing / integrated marketing or communications with proven results.
- Prefer experience in retail and/or private label brands.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries, building cross-functional relationships and advocating for brand outcomes.
- Have strong thought leadership skills coupled with excellent collaborative and influencing traits. Ability to act as a change agent within the organization.
- Experience with managing internal/external creative/media agencies.
- Strong understanding of social media, influencer marketing, partnerships, or public relations.
- Strong understanding and interest in brand media and cultural landscape, with the ability and desire to seek out new ideas and approaches.
- Thorough understanding of digital strategy, social platforms, and content creation.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Aptitude for thinking analytically, with a results-driven mindset to assess the success of marketing efforts.
- Ability to translate key customer insights into compelling brand stories.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen awareness of process and what needs to happen to effectively manage many moving parts of equal importance under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and achieve success in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- Must have the ability to lead, organize, motivate and manage employees.
- Retail business acumen
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong creativity and drive for testing new ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or a related field working with or across multiple marketing channels, ideally in managing integrated marketing campaigns.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website