Position requires associates to be certified on PIT such as Pallet Jack, Counter Balance, Pacer, and use of Scissor Lifts. Duties Include loading/unloading trucks, operate balers and trash compactor. Collect and dispose of trash and clean all areas of the warehouse.
The following items must be completed on every shift;
- Dispose of all trash at the compactor at the beginning of the shift as well as any bags left there throughout the shift from other departments. Complete as much as possible at the end of shifts as well.
- Trash bags on the ends of racks and in the tunnels. First, collect full bags, replace with new ones, and dispose of in the compactor. Collect trash from around the facility trash cans – Docks, IB, OB, Fine China, RTV, Ship Alone, and Repack.
- Collect all broken pallet wood from the entire facility and dispose of in the open top next to compactor. Pick up stray wood as you find it during the collection process.
- Collect all stretch wrap from the receiving docks and bale as needed. (more than once per shift) The associate who is manning the balers will do this after pallets of cardboard are caught up and during periods of slow activity at the balers.
- All cardboard must be baled as it accumulates throughout the shift. Each department that produces cardboard will bring palletized material to the conveyor induction site and stage accordingly.
- RTV items and Fine China items that are designated to be thrown away or destroyed must be collected and disposed of in one of the open-top dumpsters.
- Broken glass and product with sharp edges that pose a safety risk will be handled carefully and disposed of in the trash compactor. Team lifting is recommended here.
- PPE such as cut resistant gloves, safety glasses/goggles/face shield, aprons, and high visibility safety vests will be worn where required.
Maintenance General Warehouse duties immediately following all breaks;
- First Break - After break, all associates to the balers to clear jams, catch up on palletized cardboard, and then split up. One associate stays behind to man the balers!
- Lunch - After lunch, all associates to the balers to clear jams, catch up on palletized cardboard, and then split up. One associate stays behind to man the balers!
- Second Break - After break, all associates to the balers to clear jams, catch up on palletized cardboard, and then split up. One associate stays behind to man the balers!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website