We live by a promise to our customers that we make it easy to feel at home. We are excited to re-open our stores across the U.S and Canada and to welcome back our customers and new associates.
We've made enhancements to our store environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates.
Here are some examples of the things that we are doing to make it easy to feel safe at work too.
• Reduced Hours
• Associate temperature checks before the start of every shift
• Providing our associates with public health guidance safety training recommendations
and recommended supplies for use at work
• Social distancing measures ensured in workspaces and breakrooms
• Guidance provided to our customers for their safety and yours
• Protective barriers at cash registers
• All stores follow rigorous cleaning procedures recommended by the public health
As a Sales Associate, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Sales Associate is expected to engage customers to determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate merchandise while providing product knowledge and offering additional goods and services. In this role you will perform a variety of tasks throughout the day while providing world class service and meeting established productivity goals.
• Engage customers in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner, promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
• Promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and requests for support
• Escort customers to appropriate merchandise
• Explain basic features of merchandise to customers
• Resolve customer issues and escalates issues as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
• Organize and straightens merchandise areas on the sales floor
• Process customer transactions through the register when required
• Utilize the tools and programs related to wedding and gift registry
• Execute activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services (e.g., special sale items, credit card applications)
• Perform additional, sometimes specialized duties as required by business needs including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, fulfillment, and price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 0-1 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website