We have an excellent opportunity on our Sales Audit team for a self-motivated individual with the proven ability to handle multiple functions associated with established business processes. This position is based on our Union, NJ corporate campus.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a wide range of accounting and financial reporting tasks utilizing financial systems and for assisting in the preparation of month-end closing (as well as quarter-end and year-end), complex reports and analyses.
• Prepares and processes both recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries and enters into system maintaining all supporting documentation.
• Prepares and distributes financial reports for internal and external customers on a timely and consistent basis.
• Maintains and provides supporting documentation in the preparation of complex financial reports
• Understands information system reports, analyzes information, verifies accuracy and identifies and reconciles irregularities.
• Demonstrates ability to navigate software applications to produce financial statements and related supporting details in accordance with US GAAP.
• Assists with special projects and research on an as needed basis.
• Prepare and be able to articulate financial information, and make recommendations, with supporting analysis, to all levels of management.
• Evaluate financial and operational results; prepare, analyze and communicate monthly and annual forecasts; discuss impact with and recommend corrective action to leadership.
• Prepare monthly performance reports for distribution to leadership, Sr. Management and operating companies.
- Four year BA/BS degree - Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of general accounting practices. Technical financial and managerial accounting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to extract information from various sources and systems, integrate/summarize into reports using MS- Excel and/or Access, validate, and analyze results.
- Demonstrated strong ability to manipulate data, data mine and translate complex financial data into decision inputs for business recommendations.
- Strong ability to design integrative reports using advance Excel functions and/or other data query driven tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial systems and PC applications (MS Office Suite, e.g., Excel, Word, Access).
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and presentation skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website