We are a BED BATH & BEYOND owned company!
We celebrate every season, every occasion in every home is part of our DNA. That's why our team of celebrators and co-conspirators are constantly sourcing fun, fresh and unique products at a thrilling value. It's no secret, we're excited by everything life has to offer, and believe in celebrating moments both big and small.
Getting here couldn't be easier! Our warehouse is located in Burlington, NJ just a 12 minute walk from the Florence stop off the River Line station and a 2 minute drive off of Route 130!
(2) Morning shifts starts at 7am
(1) Afternoon shift starts at 3pm
The Warehouse Assistant Manager (ADM) is responsible for leading and supervising the day-to-day operations of an area within a department within the fulfillment center. In this role, the Area Department Manager develops and implements daily staff production plans that enable the achievement of the area's daily production and operational requirements. To achieve the processing requirements of the area, the Area Department Manager is responsible for determining and communicating associate assignments and needs and ensuring the execution of these assignments in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
The Area Department Manager is also responsible for associate training and development, performance management, department housekeeping, asset protection, and continuous process improvement. S/he has a clear voice in hiring of successful candidates.
- Review daily processing and operational requirements of an area within a department; develop and implement daily staff production plan for area; determine and communicate staff assignments in a timely and fair manner.
- Communicate departmental/company standards (e.g., reasonable expectations), goals, policies, and other relevant business information to associates; conduct daily huddles and engage associates regularly to promote open, two-way communication with associates.
- Manage associate performance and provide frequent coaching and performance feedback; address performance issues in a timely and constructive manner (partner with the Department Manager when formal corrective action is needed); support facility associate performance recognition programs.
- Train and develop associates to perform job duties safely and effectively.
- Adjust associate work assignments as needed to ensure execution of daily production plan and operational standards; communicate critical production issues and concerns to Department Manager; develop, discuss, and execute solutions as needed.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement initiatives to continuously improve the operations (e.g., safety, productivity, quality) of the area; engage associates for input in identifying and developing process improvement initiatives.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers in the facility to ensure coordination of operational activities and initiatives within the building.
- Create and promote a positive associate relations environment in area and department; ensure policies and procedures are properly and consistently administered; communicate and uphold “open door” policy; address associate issues in a timely and fair manner; partner with Department Manager, Operations Manager and HR Department as needed to address and resolve associate issues and concerns.
- 1-2 years of experience in a floor production role in a warehouse, distribution center, or fulfillment center environment is required; prior management experience desired.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written instruction; ability to speak, read and write in English is required.
- Experience using computerized inventory systems such as a Warehouse Management (WM) System and a intermediate to advance knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers, associates, and managers.
- Ability to continually stand; regularly walk, bend, twist, stoop, and reach; occasionally climb (step stool/ladder); regularly handle, process, lift and push product and equipment up to 30 lbs., occasionally handle, process, lift and push product and equipment up to 50lbs; frequently move and transport product in and around the work environment.
Our program of generous benefits includes: Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match. Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values)Paid Time Off program.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website