POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of a licensed nurse, the Certified Medicine Aide effectively and efficiently administers medications and treatments. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by Certification and per state regulations.
1. Receives report at the beginning of shift with nurses;
2. Reports observations concerning patient condition, emergency situations or difficulties with medications to the supervising nurse;
3. Prepares and administers routine medications as prescribed by the provider. Prepares and admisnters PRN medications only after an RN assessment.
4. Does not administer medication based on verbal order;
5. Documents administration of medications per Genesis policies;
6. Maintains medication supply and cleans and restocks medicine carts and medicine
7. Notifies pharmacy of new medication requiring refills only, not new medications.
8. Performs accurate vital sign monitoring when indicated by drug therapy;
9. Maintains current knowledge of medications and investigates/looks up unknown medications before administration;
10. Uses Point Click Care according to the Business Process, if applicable;
11. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
12. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
13. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual's needs, choices and preferences;
14. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
15. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
16. Attends re-certification courses per state requirements and renews CMA license timely;
17. Performs Certified Nursing Assistant duties as needed and as defined in the Certified Nursing Assistant job description;
18. Performs other duties as requested.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Completion of a state-approved medicine course with a passing grade. 2. Completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant program. 3. Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant with two years of experience in nursing. 4. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. 5. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn. 6. Must attend a minimum of 16 hours continuing education programs provided by the center in order to maintain certification. 7. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 372930
Center Name: Bel-Aire Quality Care
Apply on company website