Join The Commons in Lincoln, a breathtaking newer Benchmark community proud to be named one of the Boston Globe's Top Places to Work for over a decade.
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor. The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for keeping the community clean and safe for residents, staff and visitors, as well as laundering towels, bed linens, and resident personal laundry. S/he will also be responsible for cleaning resident apartments. The Housekeeping Supervisor provides oversight and guidance to the Housekeeping staff.
Up to $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicates effectively with supervisor
• Maintains a clean laundry room in an orderly manner and stores chemicals in accordance with product or supervisor instruction
• Follows standards and practices for the use of specific chemicals and is familiar with emergency procedures if chemicals are misused
• Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of bio hazardous waste
• Thoroughly cleans all assigned resident apartments as scheduled by supervisor
• Cleans bathrooms completely: swabs toilet bowl, cleanses sinks and bathtubs, wipes counter-tops, cleans mirrors, and sterilizes floors
• Vacuums all exposed areas completely, including edges
• Empties and rinses (if necessary) wastebaskets
• Cleans kitchen area completely: wipes counters and under objects, mops kitchen floor
• Washes inside of windows as needed
• Dusts flat surfaces that are uncluttered and demonstrates care of residents' belongings
• Cleans all common areas according to standards and practices including elevators, halls, landings, stairs, resident activity areas, lobbies, and model units and cleans other flat surfaces as scheduled or requested by supervisor
• Checks and touches up vacant units according to assigned schedule
• Maintains housekeeping and laundry carts in a clean and orderly manner
• Maintains the cleanliness of public restrooms
• Washes and dries all laundry, including resident's personal laundry using cleaning products appropriate to the type of wash.
• Folds linen and returns to appropriate location
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Washer/dryer (commercial or residential).
• Wet/dry vacuum.
• Housekeeping and laundry carts.
• Chemical cleaning supplies.
• Window squeegee
• Buckets on wheels
• Trigger pray bottles
• Dust pans, brooms and mops.
• Scrub brush; scouring pads.
• Demonstrates appropriate physical stamina to assist or lift residents when needed and in emergencies
Apply on company website