SUMMARY: The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and working closely with HR leadership in supporting the workforce at various business locations. This position requires a high level of confidentiality dealing with a variety of personnel and management issues. Daily responsibilities and accountability for this position are in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment engagement, affirmative action, and employment law. Position represents the Company professionally, working with our employees, customers, and community in a safe and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; Increasing HR outreach and employee engagement through site visits and driver ride alongs.
- Administers and monitors the performance evaluation program and assists in revising as necessary. Works closely with leaders to provide coaching and resolution to address employees with below expectation performance.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, claims reporting, updating enrollment information and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Maintains and assists in FMLA and LOA management.
- Establishes strong relationships with operational leaders and employees through regular meetings, visits and other contact.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists employees with appropriate administrative service requests
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Provides feedback to HR management team based on information provided from employees and leaders.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from the database. Collects data for reporting as required.
- Participates in unemployment hearings as required
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment in multiple states..
- Works as a point of contact for operational leaders on Administrative HR Issues.
- Support HR sponsored programs at multiple locations.
- Offering community outreach to involve Benore Logistic Systems, Inc. in events to increase our involvement and brand recognition awareness.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 3:00pm
Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 11:30pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and five to seven years human resource experience, or a master's degree n human resource management and three to five years in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBLITY QUALIFICATIONS
SHRM CP OR SHRM SCP certification recommended
HRCI PHR or SPHR certification
Apply on company website