SUMMARY: Provides direction and supervision of 5-30 employees at an assigned facility. Sets work assignments, supervises the receiving, storing, packing, labeling, and shipping of merchandise or materials, ensures compliance to warehouse safety standards, interfaces with the customer, provides hands-on training when required, and regularly provides assistance to the operation by working along side teammates. Responsible to ensure customers' requirements are met or exceeded. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required in this position. Represents the Company in a positive image working with our employees, customers, and community in a safe and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of merchandise or materials and the day-to-day activities and work performance of warehouse/facility.
- Assigns Associates to work stations and monitors flow of materials through the warehouse/facility process and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Communicates directly with Warehouse Supervisor concerning any issues or concerns regarding the site or operation.
- Ensures accurate inventory management of the shift. Establishes and develops procedures for bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer's orders.
- Ensures compliance of policies for verifying incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Responsible for providing on–the–job training for warehouse/facility employees in all areas of their job duties including changes to company policy, procedures, and ISO-9001-2000 training and conformance.
- Acts as Facility Safety Manager and initiates/conducts accident investigations and completes related documentation.
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, DOT and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Provides assistance to the Warehouse Supervisor with daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting as determined by the Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Assists with analyzing performance gaps and creating action plans to address performance issues.
- Responsible for reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor any opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation as it related to improving processes and addressing performance of associates..
- Responsible for maintaining a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007.
Provide first-line supervision to Team Associates. Responsibilities include: planning, assigning, and directing work, coaching, appraising performance, rewarding and assisting in disciplining employees addressing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Requires High School diploma or GED, 3-5 years experience in a lead or supervisor position in a warehouse/facility environment. Associates degree and 2-4 years experience preferred. Bachelor's degree desired.
Apply on company website