BIDMC Global Health Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Site Director
Request for Applications
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBGYN) is seeking an experienced and dedicated physician to serve as the Obstetrics and Gynecology Site Director in Botswana to support its Global Health Program. The Botswana Global Health Program leverages BIDMC's rich history of leadership and innovation in clinical care, medical education, and quality improvement through a long-term global health partnership with the Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership and the University of Botswana. The program focuses on capacity building and healthcare delivery improvement through clinical stewardship, medical education and quality improvement. The aim of the program is to support Botswana partners to achieve their educational and training goals while at the same time providing US OBGYN residents with a supervised clinical global health rotation. The program supported the launch of the first OBGYN residency training program in Botswana in 2020 and its mission is to continue to support the training of tomorrow's health leaders, educators, and practitioners to advance health equity and strengthen health systems around the world.
The Botswana Global Health Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology and/or its Site Director:
- Supports the University of Botswana Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training program through clinical training, didactic teaching and support of resident research
- Provides supervision and support for US OBGYN residents participating in an international clinical elective. The elective provides an ethical experience rooted in cultural humility and knowledge and skills exchange with Batswana trainees.
- Supports clinical training of medical students from University of Botswana
- Supports internship training in Obstetrics and Gynecology for the Botswana's National Medical Internship Program through the Botswana Ministry of Health and Wellness
- Supports quality and process improvement in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Princess Marina Hospital
- Facilitates other opportunities in sexual and reproductive health as guided by the Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
- Contributes to global health education and training of BIDMC's residents and Harvard Medical School students
- Integrates and expands initiatives across BIDMC's local and international partnerships
- Has the opportunity to develop their own research, supported by the Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership and BIDMC.
The Site Director is a full-time faculty member in BIMDC's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and supports the vision and mission of the Botswana Global Health Program and the BIDMC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The Site Director spends approximately 85% effort on-site in Botswana and 15% effort attending at BIDMC in Boston. Responsibilities will include clinical care, medical education, mentorship, administration, program leadership, and quality improvement. In Botswana, clinical practice and education is based at the University of Botswana and Princess Marina Hospital in Gaborone as a member of the faculty of the University of Botswana Department of OBGYN. In Boston, the Site Director spends approximately 6 weeks doing clinical practice in general obstetrics and gynecology at BIDMC.
The successful candidate will have completed residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology and be Board certified/eligible. Previous global health clinical or academic experience is required. A Massachusetts Medical License will be required. This position is employed by the Associated Physicians of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP), with an academic appointment at Harvard Medical School. The Site Director is an integral member of the Division of Global and Community Health at BIDMC. Full benefits and malpractice coverage are provided.
To apply please send a letter of interest, a full curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three individuals who will provide letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be addressed to Dr. Rebecca Luckett at email@example.com. For more information about BIDMCs OBGYN Division of Global and Community Health, please see our website https://www.bidmc.org/medical-education/medical-education-by-department/obstetrics-and-gynecology/global-and-community-health-program/global-health.
We are equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
BIDMC Global Health Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Site Director Request for ApplicationsThe Beth Israel Deac...
Apply on company website