Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 32598BR
Job Summary: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (BIDHC) is building a high performance primary care model that will enable the organization to be a leader in patient experience, provider and care team work life and quality of care both regionally and nationally. Critical to our success is the ability to create a culture that values teams and an organization that has the expertise to foster a healthy and supportive work environment. To realize this vision we must build an exemplary leadership team that will guide and support our care teams on this journey.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analytics reports to the CFO and is responsible for the overall BIDHC Operating and Capital budget. The position is responsible for reporting and monitoring actual performance against budget and forecast. The position is also responsible for administering and maintaining the financial reporting and budgeting system.
- Coordination and development of the annual operating budget and sponsor of the organizational financial sustainability goals.
- Coordination and development of the annual capital budget. Approves release of Capital funds to ensure consistent spending against budget.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual projections and provides communications and presentation of said results.
- Responsible for fiscal due diligence of network growth opportunities.
- Provides analytics support to the CFOs of member and non-member organization around primary care financial results.
- Provides analytics support for finance committee and board presentations regarding fiscal performance.
- Supports business planning of sites and new service lines: Develops financial models and produces reports to support business planning decisions. Conducts ad hoc analyses for departments and sites. Serves as a resource to Regional Dyads and operations staff regarding financial issues including new project and ROI Analysis.
- Responsible for the oversight, data integrity and controls around financial reporting and budgeting coming out of the system. Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships and escalating key issues when necessary.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for a center, institution or vice presidential unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master's degree in MBA or MHA preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Five years healthcare or hospital accounting and budgeting experience and demonstrated high-caliber analytical ability.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Apply on company website