The Roanoke Times, a BH Media Group company, is seeking a full time Digital Specialist. The position is an entry-level position and will focus on campaign management, optimization and retention for our digital advertising clients.
The Digital Specialist will also consult with sales reps and work with the Digital Sales Manager to enhance their proposals by including the appropriate digital media mix of marketing product provided by The Roanoke Times and Roanoke.com. This digital media mix may include local banner ads, targeted display ads, Findit online directory and reputation intelligence, daily deal, SEM, Facebook, contests, and digital email advertising products.
This position facilitates the learning and tasks required to excel in digital media planning and management.
The Digital Specialist will be exposed to the research, planning and management of email marketing, search engine marketing, online display, and other emerging digital products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist Account Executives by being the “subject-matter” expert on new and/or current digital products that encompass appropriate recommendations utilizing all The Roanoke Times' digital advertising solutions
• Conduct research including target audience identification, competitive analysis, qualitative web site profiling, search engine keyword analysis, and secondary research aggregation
• Create project plans and schedules
• Prepare and report campaign optimization information
• Work closely with managers in the preparation of estimates, campaign schedules, budgets and other project management requirements
• Research and understand advertising and digital media industry trends to best assist clients in achieving their advertising objectives
• Coordinate the trafficking of digital products between sales support and fulfillment
• Run and analyze email marketing, Find It, SEM and Facebook campaigns
• Provide daily and weekly and monthly digital reports
• Follow the procedures and company policies of The Roanoke Times' advertising department.
• Other duties as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a marketing communications or digital advertising related field preferred.
• Knowledge of digital media beneficial.
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to leverage insight and analytics is a highly recommended.
• Must be extremely resourceful and be able to make sound recommendations based on research and aggregated data efficiently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate confidently and persuasively to management and business owners.
• Must be able to operate a computer, answer telephones, and work a photocopier and fax machine.
• Must possess a high degree of initiative and results orientation with strong attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter who sets priorities, approaches new task with positivity and strives to execute with a high level of self-confidence, accountability, poise, maturity and interpersonal skills to deal professionally and influentially.
• Must be able to manage the demands of completing multiple tasks under deadline constraints.
• Must be able to quickly learn all The Roanoke Times digital products, websites & necessary software.
• Must possess proofreading, grammatical, written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to conceptualize, visualize and create advertising ideas, copy and text for advertisers.
• Must be able to communicate and transact business effectively and professionally with the wide range and varying degrees of emotions and personalities of customers in differing situations.
• Must be a team player who is passionate about their contribution towards delivering great work
Apply on company website