The Tulsa World is looking for a Press Operator to join our Production team!
Our Press Operator are a vital role in the production of our and other newspapers and various other print products. A Press Operator will be required to operate and maintain press components and controls, quickly grasp a thorough understanding of every component in the Pressroom, maintain a commitment to quality and work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret layouts
- Set black and color inks to assigned density standards
- Monitor quality of products in real time
- Inspect rolls of newsprint for damage, load rolls and adjust controls in accordance with layout and production demands.
- Place and install plates
- Keep the press and Pressroom clean
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- Basic PC Skills
- Experience in a Production or Mechanical environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the printing industry preferred
Apply on company website