The Administrative Assistant works closely with Advertising Account Executives, Managers and Directors to prioritize daily tasks, input ads into tracking and invoicing systems and regularly problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare reports, correspondence, assist with projects for the Sales reps/teams. Maintain files and facilitate division communication with other departments/divisions within the newspaper.
- Be knowledgeable about the newspaper's computer software programs and be able to answer questions and help others better utilize these software programs.
- Initiate action in the absence of manager and sales reps on matters requiring a timely response.
- Assist with projects that encompass various divisions of the newspaper. (Examples: Fireworks Extravaganza, United Way , Joslyn Membership Drives, etc.)
- Help train new employees as applicable and appropriate.
- Serve as back-up for other clerical support positions within the Advertising Division.
- Know Advertising Division procedures and company policies.
- Perform other work as assigned by department managers.
- Extensive computer knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fast, accurate typing.
- Ability to interact well with World-Herald management as well as co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Highly organized; ability to prioritize/good time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little or no supervision.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of telephone and business etiquette.
2. Knowledge of US Postal mailing regulations.
3. Skill on keyboard and operating a personal computer, proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Skill in use of office equipment-copier, postage meter, hole punch, shredder, folding machine, etc.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Ability to pay attention to details and follow a schedule.
7. Ability to comprehend written and/or verbal instructions.
8. Ability to communicate verbally in a professional manner.
9. Ability to effectively function as a team player.
10. Ability to think and act independently in order to meet deadlines.
11. Ability to oversee temporary help on a regular basis to get mailings sent to clients.
12. Skill in organizing information, materials, and time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Apply on company website