You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Employment Status: CUSTOM.FTE.STATUS
Hours per Pay Period: CUSTOM.FTECHART (EMPLOYMENT.TYPE)
Starting Wage DOE: CUSTOM.POSTING.WAGE
The Pharmacy Coordinator, Outpatient Services Bozeman facilitates the development, implementation and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through safe, cost-effective drug therapies. Develops objectives, policies, and procedures to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of Billings Clinic. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice within the retail and infusion center pharmacies.
Serves as the Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC) and responsible for overseeing outpatient/retail and infusion pharmacy also servicing the ambulatory surgery center. Ensures the pharmacy provides optimal clinical services and customer service. Works collaboratively with Billings Clinic pharmacy and patient care teams to provide optimal care for through pharmacy services. Works with leadership and care teams to expand pharmacy services in Bozeman.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with Director Ancillary Services Bozeman and Pharmacy Leadership to develop and oversee outpatient and infusion pharmacy services to ensure adherence to organizational mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business strategies. Interprets and supports the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic. Responsible for promotion of, and adherence to, the elements of Billings Clinic's Code of Business Conduct and corporate compliance program.
- Competent in workflow and process with ability to staff as needed in outpatient and infusion pharmacies
- In collaboration with physician leadership and other medical staff, administration, and other health care providers, develops and implements short and long range plans. Also, leads, develops and revises programs which enhance department services.
- Leads the daily operations of the outpatient and infusion pharmacy services in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities. Coordinates with physicians and other Billings Clinic leadership to assure continuity in pursing pharmacy and organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
- Coordinates and develops collaborative relationships with vendors, sales representatives, internal and external customers.
- Develops, implements and maintains the medication storage and distribution systems ensuring strict control, auditing and accountability for medication dispensation, utilization, and reconciliation.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget and ensure adherence to agreed upon budgetary constraints.
- Anticipates needed resources and capital expenditures for short and long term departmental needs.
- Ensures accurate, timely charge capture for services rendered
- Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department. Identifies issues/concerns relating to personnel, workflow, safety, medication errors, etc. and works collaboratively with the Director to resolve.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and development within healthcare and pharmaceutical therapies and services. Reads and evaluates medical, pharmaceutical, and other literature to determine its scientific merit and applicability to the organization and pharmacy. Utilizes appropriate information resources to respond to various inquiries and information requests and resolve problems.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, and that the pharmacy meets or exceeds all accreditation and regulatory standards related to medication use and pharmacy operations. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance for department. Ensures compliance of the Pharmacy and staff.
- Leads, recruits, develops, mentors, and retains a talented team committed to accomplishing the goals and objectives of Billings Clinic. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assure sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide pharmacy services to include residents and students. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures relating to human resource management.
- Develops and implements orientation and educational programs on medication use for pharmacy professional and technical staff
- Maintains all required employee information in departmental files
- Plans departmental educational programs based on needs identified from quality assessment activities
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic's goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
- Provides regulatory and quality consultation and clarification to medical staff and practitioners
- Contributes to the advancement of the profession through presentations at local, state, and national meetings
- Participates in evaluation, selection and integration of health care technology and information management systems that support quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources. Advises and assists in the design and maintenance of the pharmacy information systems and databases.
- Collaborates with the Pharmacy Residency and Experiential Program Coordinator to develop and promote an educational environment within the pharmacy department and Billings Clinic.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to trend costs, utilization and impact of employee pharmacy plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy
- License Montana Pharmacist at hire
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Apply on company website