The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the delivery of quality pharmaceutical care and medication distribution as permitted by law.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
- Answers the telephone and assists customers seeking pharmaceutical care. Performs a variety of data entry and report generating tasks.
- Assists the pharmacist with all aspects of the Billings Clinic medication distribution system including compounding/admixing pharmaceutical preparations, filling bottles/bingo cards with prescribed tablets/capsules, processing prescriptions and emergent prescriptions, adjudicating claims, performing point of sale functions, proper utilization of outpatient pharmacy technology etc.
- Maintains adequate medication inventories and supplies to meet dispensing needs.
- Maintains an accurate controlled substance perpetual inventory via appropriate use of controlled substance vault or controlled substance records.
- Facilitates the delivery of all pharmaceuticals to meet the needs of the customer/patient and ensures proper point-of-sale (POS ) processes and balancing of POS funds and registers.
- Maintains the pharmacy in a neat and organized condition.
- Processes complete prescription claims including proper adjudication/reconciliation, insurance verification, prior authorization, and compassionate care/medication assistance programs associated with patient accounts and insurance claims billing.
- Enters medication charges and credits for the adjudication/reconciliation of patient accounts and insurance claims billing.
- Participates in quality improvement activities utilizing performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
- Educates and trains new pharmacy staff, students, and residents, as appropriate.
- Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
- Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Apply on company website