IT Security Engineer
POSITION REPORT TO: Director of Infrastructure & Security
POSITION LOCATION: Bob Evans Restaurant Support Center New Albany, Ohio
Statement of Purpose:
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for all of the internal and external aspects of IT Security. This position requires focus on the evaluation, development, deployment, and operation of incident response. As well as security monitoring, intrusion prevention, systems hardening, and vulnerability and malware prevention. The IT Security Engineer is also responsible for conducting audits, incidents, hunts, and implementation to maintain and secure Bob Evans Restaurants infrastructure.
- Evaluate, design, and implement effective security procedures and tools to identify and maintain system and network inventories, protect and control system and network access
- Manage the annual PCI audit project
- Implement and improve the EDR and SIEM solutions with cost efficiency and functional protection and detection functionality
- Partner with peer IT teams as they develop new features and respond to security needs
- Identify new challenges and provide direction to develop the security program
- Lead in-depth architecture, code, and application reviews to address issues efficiently and effectively
- Develop a successful security program focused on trust and respect
- Experience in securing a Microsoft Azure hosted infrastructure, with site-based endpoints
- Experience with Security Engineering and Assurance methodologies
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- MS Defender 365, Endpoint Security, Sentinel, DLP, and Purview expertise.
- CISSP, CCSP, SSCP certification path/progress
- 4+ years of experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- 2+ years of experience in security architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- 2+ years of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- 2+ years of scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages
- Approximately 10% overnight and 10% day travel may be required to restaurant site locations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website