Posted Date: Sep 12, 2019
- We have an opening for a CAFE MANAGER position.
- Location: SAN FRANCISCO,CA Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Requirement: 3+ years of foodservice management experience
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
The Café Manager for Bon Appétit Management Company is responsible for the overall success of cafe locations on campus. This means adhering to the Client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations, and Bon Appetít's standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position oversees the daily administrative, operational, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety. This position also motivates trains, develops and directs retail supervisors and all employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, and maintains a working relationship with the Client.
* Meets all timelines for payroll, service, accounts receivables, human resources, corporate office and all other timelines given by Client and management
* Teaches and adheres to Bon Appetít's philosophy, culture and commitment to quality food and exemplary service
* Takes ownership of the Café
* Has a Passion for food
* Ensures all products and purchases meet Bon Appétit sustainability guidelines
* Has knowledge of and enforces the Client/Bon Appétit contractual agreement
* Supervision and Development of Staff
* Food and Coffee Programs
* Customer Service and Client Relations
* Financial Management and Analysis
* Retail Management
* Special Events
* A minimum of 3 years Management experience or applicable experience in a similar volume, quality, food service establishment, and or coffee shop
* Possess general hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
* Has the ability to operate Web based ordering systems, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles
* Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications
* Possess the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 320613
Apply on company website