Posted Date: Oct 7, 2019
- We have an opening for a CONTROLLER position.
- Location: Redwood Shores, CANote: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
As Controller for one of our multi-faceted client locations, the successful candidate should possess savvy business skills, be a highly motivated professional, with proven ability to establish excellent working relationships with various team members. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all cash handling procedures
- Perform reconciliation and analysis for several balance sheet accounts
- Analyze financial results for both internal and external use
- Track and maintain monthly P/L and balance sheet activity
- Develop forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Review of general ledger and balance sheet
- Resolving various accounting/reconciliation issues
- Financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external audit reporting, report preparation and distribution
- Maintain inventory and cost control procedures
- Payroll and Human Resources administration
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities, at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Accounting experience in foodservice or retail industry required, foodservice operations experience a plus
- Experience with sales analysis and reporting
- Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel. POS experience a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 321225
Apply on company website