Posted Date: Jan 8, 2020
- We have an opening for a GENERAL MANAGER position.
- Location: STATE AUTO INSURANCE in COLUMBUS, OHIO Note: online applications accepted only.
- Quality of life schedule: Cafe located in the State Auto Columbus Corporate Headquarters serving 700+ associates. Breakfast and Lunch served Monday thru Fridays 6:30am-2:30pm- schedule can change based on business needs.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 365949 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
Working as a General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the account in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will be expected to maintain excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client, as well as other departments within the operation. You will be responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will also foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Participates in employee meetings, reviews and training programs
- Manages in compliance with Company established policies and procedures
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with staff, client and guest and other departments
- Manages financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, writing and adhering to annual budgets and cash handling
- Analyzes and creates trends for financial data
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Plans menus in consultation with chefs
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Food service experience, including experience at the management level
- Experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, evaluation and succession planning
- Proven track record to achieve company goals in compliance with company/client policies and procedures
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and must possess attention to detail
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Experience in food purchasing, food costs and inventory control
- Ability to create budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong catering experience required
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 365949
Apply on company website