Posted Date: Nov 15, 2019
- We have an opening for a HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER position.
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK Note: online applications accepted only.
We are seeking an experienced Human Resource Manager for this role, with experience supporting high volume food service operations. Bi- lingual English/Spanish a plus. Experience working in a union environment a must.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
Working as a Senior HR Manager, you will support numerous Human Resource functions to meet strategic, tactical and administrative Human Resource objectives. You must be able to communicate effectively with Senior Management and across various support departments. Your knowledge of employee relations, collective bargaining agreements, and your strong analytical ability will be used to support HR initiatives.
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied consistently.
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site investigations.
- Oversees MyOpportunity for hourly recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR initiatives.
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency. Processes status change forms.
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting, retention and promotion goals.
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization required.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Content-knowledge regarding employment law, policies, procedures, and programs
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Training certification a plus (i.e. Zenger-Miller, Stephen Covey, etc.).
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 344653
Apply on company website