Posted Date: Oct 10, 2019
- We have an opening for a XXX position.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 328884 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
Working as the Catering Sales Manager you willeffectively coordinate and oversee all internal and external catering events. You will be responsible for menu development as well as costing and marketing functions as they relate to the catering department. You will implement labor cost control, foods cost control, preparation, transportation, setup, operation and clean-up of all events.
- Hires, trains and develops managers, and is actively involved in the development of service techniques, menu presentation, policies and procedures
- Creates reports of operating statements and operational budgets, and reviews the collection of receivables
- Creates catering activities, books, plans & directed functions
- Creates proposals, contracts and banquet event orders
- Prepares and monitors budgets; financial targets and forecasts
- Maintains local clients database and builds and maintains relationship with new vendors
- Ensures all safety and sanitation procedures are followed in compliance with HACCP
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degreeis preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Proven track record for meeting sales goals
- Strong knowledge of current food, industry trends and fine dining points of service
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in hospitality industry including two years' experience in catering sales
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction
- Must be able to write menu proposals in consultation with chefs
- The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean-up is also essential
- Knowledge of A/V equipment with the ability to set up and break down for events.
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess
- attention to detail
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset and able to remain calm under pressure to anticipate and support changes in our business.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional client relations and customer service abilities
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 328884
Apply on company website