Mercy Health St. Ritas Medical Center, Lima, Ohio is seeking a Core Faculty member to support the program leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing curriculum. The successful candidate will serve as Core Faculty with option for FM OB/GYN in a program that began in 2019 and brought in the second class of 6 residents in 2020. We are a busy 424 bed regional referral center and level 2 trauma center with a catchment of 480,000+.
The Core Faculty member will have a significant role in the education and supervision of the residents and devote a significant portion of their entire effort to resident education and/or administration. A component of the position will include teaching, evaluating, and provide formative feedback to residents.
In addition, core faculty assess residents progress toward achievement of competence in the specialty. A broad knowledge of and involvement in the program, permitting evaluation of the program and completion of the annual ACGME Faculty Survey is required.
- Previous teaching experience in an ACGME-accredited program or medical school preferred but not required
- Clinically active in Family Medicine
- Hold current ABFM or AOBFM Board Certification
- Maintain current medical licensure to practice medicine in the State of Ohio
- Currently hold or possess ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted credentials in FM department
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidenced based patient care
- Commitment to teaching medical students and training the resident physicians of tomorrow
- Demonstrated administrative and scholarly and research activity
- Work schedule includes a combination 0.6 FTE resident clinical supervision (MHP), 0.2 FTE personal direct clinical care and/or resident clinical supervision (MHP), and 0.1 FTE administration of clinical duties (MHP) and 0.1 FTE administration/resident education (GME-FM).
- Provide clinical supervision of medical students and residents in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Teach didactics, contribute to curriculum development, simulation training, practice management and other innovative topics
- Regular rotation and resident evaluation/feedback via resident management system
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, conferences, and residency committees
- Pursue faculty development designated to enhance skills at least annually
- Serve as an advisor and role model of professionalism, quality and patient safety, foster own and resident well-being, educational goal setting, career planning, scholarship, and inpatient patient care based on practice-based learning and improvement efforts
- Pursue scholarly activities including presenting at scientific society meetings, participation in national committees and/or educational organizations, quality initiatives, publications, grants, etc.
Mercy Health – St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, Ohio is seeking a Core Faculty member to support the program leadership in developing, imple...
Apply on company website