Mercy Health Physicians North (Toledo, OH) is actively recruiting for a third Neurosurgeon. Mercy Health Physicians Toledo market is number 1 in market share for inpatient Neurosurgery. We welcome both experienced and junior surgeons to apply. Fellowship training is welcomed but not required.
Mercy Health northern market is a seven-hospital system and a preferred provider of healthcare services for a 20-county area in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. As a faith-based healthcare system, Mercy Health continues to honor its long-standing Mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities, with an emphasis on the underserved. Mercy demonstrates behaviors reflecting its core values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, service, and sacredness of life.
Mercy Health is the largest healthcare system in Ohio and ranked nationally in the top 20% of health systems for clinical quality and efficiency.
- Cover busy ambulatory neurosurgery practice with large internal and external referral base.
- Cover Neurosurgery call at St. Vincent on an avg 1:4-week rotation.
- Level 1 trauma. Comprehensive stroke. Level II Pediatrics.
- 75% Spine and 25% Cranial cases along with a broad range of pathologies.
- Opportunity for involvement with Gamma Knife program
- Neuroscience Clinical Faculty neurology resident clinical and didactic education, multiple multidisciplinary conferences (neuro oncology, neurovascular, trauma), and grand rounds.
- 2 Leica Microscopes
- Stryker and Stealth navigation systems
- Mazor X recently acquired, first in the region
- O-arm with trained radiology technicians
- First call covered by APC and/or Resident in house 24/7
- Fully staffed neurocritical care with fellowship trained neuro intensivist
- Multiple admitting services include trauma, medicine, and neuro critical care with neurosurgery service primary consulting.
- Dedicated Neuro-Endovascular service provided by two experienced full time interventional and stroke neurologists with fellow support
- Leksell Gamma Knife acquired with 2 Radiation Oncologists who work closely with Neurosurgery service.
- Outpatient PM&R and Pain Management services available, work cohesively with spine program
- Inpatient Rehab available with sister hospital manned by Mercy Physiatrists
- 24/7 EEG support available
- 24/7 MRI services available
- Clinical research infra-structure support
- Mobile Stroke Unit
Please visit Mercy Health at mercyweb.org
A culturally prosperous city, Toledo is home to a nationally renowned art museum and zoo, the Toledo Symphony, as well as the newly renovated Valentine Theater. The community is home to the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The Mud Hens play in their downtown stadium, Fifth Third Field, which was named as one of the top minor league baseball stadiums in the country. Toledo also offers an ECHL hockey team, NCAA sports at the University of Toledo, and an annual LPGA golf tournament. Nature and outdoors lovers enjoy the close proximity to Lake Erie. Outstanding schools coupled with affordable housing give northwest Ohio families a great lifestyle. Toledo boasts of having 33 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius, including a medical college within the metro area. Additionally, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus and Detroit are all within a short driving distance.
We offer highly competitive compensation, with excellent sign-on bonuses and starting salaries, plus unparalleled benefits.
Benefit package include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Disability, Medical Malpractice Insurance w/tail-coverage
- Sign on Bonus
- Student Loan Assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- 403b Plan w/company match, 457b Plan, Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (funded 100% by company)
- CME, DEA, OH license, Board fees, Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life balance resources: financial advisory services, LifeMatters (concierge work-life services), fitness center membership; corporate discounts; Be Well Within (health management program), and more.
For questions or to send your CV for consideration, please contact Mindy Phillips, 513.441.9213 or via e-mail email@example.com
Apply on company website