If you combine a deep understanding of category management with the analytical skills to turn insights into action, this position offers you some very compelling opportunities. You will:
- Expand your skills and experience supporting ALL of Bonduelle's customers, not just one or two
- Make an impact in one of two areas, by driving either sales insights or shelf management strategies
- Help us build capacity as part of a new focus on category management across our organization Quick question for you - click here
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance, within category management or into other areas
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture in which work/life balance is just as important as strong performance -- Bonduelle is committed making a consistently positive impact on employees, communities, the environment, and customers
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. To be a good fit for the Category Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree
- 3 to 4 years of experience in similar positions in the CPG industry; experience with fresh and/or refrigerated products is a plus
- In-depth understanding of category management analytics, tools and processes
- Strong knowledge of at least ONE of the following (top candidates will have knowledge of both):
- Syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, panel data, etc.)
- ProSpace shelf management software
- Experience translating retailer POS and creating action plans
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Slides, Sheets)
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to quickly identify trends, opportunities and business solutions
- The ability to plan and execute assignments to completion with minimal supervision
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, demanding work environment
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to use independent discretion for decision-making
- Solid presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- The aptitude to maintain focus while managing your workload efficiently and effectively in an ever-changing environment
- A proactive approach to self-improvement that supports solid team development
- Demonstrated skills for positive conflict management
- Driving sales insight by leveraging your expertise with syndicated data, including using multiple data sources to put together selling stories Quick question for you - click here
- Driving shelf management strategies by leveraging your knowledge of ProSpace, including creating and updating planograms, developing mods, and more Quick question for you - click here
- Providing best in class modular recommendations for all accounts – analyzing space-to-sales and modular metrics
- Providing analytical insights for the produce category for BFA to identify trends and suggest strategies to maximize profitable sales growth
- Partnering closely with all internal parties to understand latest insights and provide recommendations on category management strategic opportunities
- Developing best in class planograms by segment, as well as ad hoc schematic requests
- Driving applicable insights with shelf design and item assortment recommendations
- Developing and deploying customer scorecards
- Managing 3rd party data provider (Nielsen), ensuring data integrity
- Developing and maintaining customer category reviews
- Creating new item trackers, benchmarking and progress reports
- Maintaining an awareness of customer's current activities, such as promotions, new item launches, discontinued products, new product development, and price changes, etc., and taking necessary actions to execute the plans
- Assuming direct accountability for special projects assigned by manager as they correlate to career development
- Leveraging your strong analytical skills to develop actionable insights to further grow and develop the packaged salad category
- Mining customer data to identify category, segment, and brand trend opportunities
- Assisting in development of internal/external presentations to enhance selling opportunities
- Effectively and efficiently presenting ideas in front of customers leadership/internal leadership
This role will offer many chances to grow your skills. You'll work with a broad array of customer accounts, and interact with a variety of internal contacts, including senior leadership. Success in this role could set you up to advance to a Senior Analyst or Manager role in Category Management. If you prefer, you might set your sights on opportunities in the supply chain organization, sales or other areas.
Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and incentive bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. A lot of people are surprised by the pace at which we work. As you might image, working with fresh produce requires everyone to be on their toes. In addition, this position requires a customer focus as well as the ability to build strong relationships internally, cross-functionally, and externally. You'll need strong analytical and critical thinking skills in order to continuously ensure data integrity and maintain high standards while driving best-in-class solutions.
To excel in this role you will be adept at developing and deploying scorecards, making planogram recommendations, conducting category reviews, creating assortment tools and new item trackers, and helping guide teams on new areas of opportunities.
In addition, you should:
- Demonstrate strong self-motivation
- Achieve individual responsibilities independently and also contribute as a team player
- Thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment, including dealing effectively with ambiguity
- Bring a sense of urgency, including being highly responsive to requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Pay attention to details and also grasp the bigger picture
- Assume ownership of and accountability for your responsibilities
Apply on company website