If you combine self-motivation and great interpersonal skills with either experience in or a strong desire build a career in environmental, health & safety (EH&S), this position offers you some compelling opportunities. You will:
- Build your skills, even if you have EH&S experience. We'll provide strong training and you'll gain exposure to all aspects of EH&S in a fast-paced, regulated facility.
- Make an important impact, whether you are helping people avoid risks or supporting them after an accident. Quick question for you - click here
- Join a strong and tight-knit team of people who love their jobs and enjoy working together.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in our organization.
- Support our mission of providing fresh, healthy foods while making a consistently positive impact on employees, communities, the environment, and customers.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator opportunity, you will have:
- 2 to 3 years of work experience demonstrating the ability to learn quickly and willingness to accept responsibility and accountability. EH&S experience is a strong plus. Quick question for you - click here
- The ability to:
- Spend about 50% of the time on the production floor to be present for employees, audit and immediately correct unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Convey confidence in own abilities and act decisively, assertively and respectfully.
- Project and maintain professionalism with diverse people inside and outside the Company.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing to create a strong partnership with all departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency, including Google Office, Microsoft Office and email.
- A valid driver's license.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to promote and maintain positive relationships.
- A good work ethic, including a proactive approach and reliability.
- The ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations and maintain attention to detail.
- A passion for the business and the "will" to succeed.
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action.
- A love of learning and a craving to work in a fun culture.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish -- you don't have to be fluent, but the ability to communicate important safety information "in the moment" is a huge advantage.
- Knowledge of basic principles of accident prevention and safety.
- Experience in areas related to EH&S, such as workers compensation administration, risk management, etc.
- A bachelor's degree, ideally in an EH&S-related field.
- Experience with developing graphs in Google Sheets, Excel or similar applications.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Reporting to the Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager, you will join a team that includes another Coordinator on first shift. The team supports more than 1000 employees, so everyone is involved in all aspects of EH&S. The role is very diverse, but you can expect to spend a good deal of your time in walking the production floor, assisting people who are filing reports, and helping people who have been involved in accidents.
More specifically, you will:
- Maintain policies, procedures, and programs related to EH&S practices and requirements.
- Ensure all federal, state and local EH&S laws and regulations, codes and plant safety rules are observed.
- Ensure all EH&S record keeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Participate in and conduct occupational safety and environmental conformance audits.
- Maintain a strong and consistent daily presence on the floor to audit and immediately correct unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Partner with all departments to promote and ensure compliance.
- Attend huddles and meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with the EH&S Committee.
- Participate in ergonomic assessments and recommend improvements.
- Facilitate the resolution and timely response to EH&S action plans.
- Follow all workers compensation cases with appropriate tracking and record keeping.
- Generate compliance reports as required.
- Provide support with inspections by corporate, federal, state, and local agencies when necessary.
- Provide input in the development stages of current as well as pending processes entering into the facility.
- Train employees on all necessary EH&S programs, policies, and procedures. Ensure training is documented.
- And more.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Professional development
Because we work with fresh produce, the pace is very fast here. Add that to the broad exposure you'll gain in the role, and success here can set you up to succeed just about anywhere. You'll learn about complex California regulations (air quality, storm water, etc.), attend OSHA training, and more.
Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage, shift differential and bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. If you're just looking for a job, this probably isn't the role for you. On the other hand, if you are excited about building a career in the high-potential field of EH&S, we definitely want to hear from you. Professional commitment will be important, as we are a smaller team supporting a large workforce -- and supporting them with care and compassion. If an incident happens near the end of your shift, you should recognize the importance of staying as long as necessary.
You should establish yourself as a resource to employees, someone who can help them be safe and productive. A coaching and collaborative approach will work best, and there may be time when you need to influence and motivate others to get on board. Of course, with so much at stake, you'll also need to be assertive when necessary.
You'll deal with a variety of difficult situations in which others can become upset and tensions run high. Rather than being hypersensitive, you'll need to be the model of calm in these cases, helping others regain their composure and focus on solutions. In addition to having high emotional intelligence and a cool head, you should practice strong follow-through skills, including maintaining thorough documentation.
Apply on company website