If you combine proven HR leadership experience in a fast-paced, demanding environment with the ability to serve as a strategic partner to leadership as well as a tactical, frontline resource, the role of Human Resources Manager offers a compelling mix of challenge and opportunity.
- You willtake ownership of Human Resources at an essential business during the COVID-19 crisis and make your mark supporting employees during a challenging time at a production facility that must continue to produce in-demand fresh food products for American consumers.
- Impact culture, employee relations and more at a strong and stable plant where HR is valued as a business partner throughout the leadership structure.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy along with support when they need it, and where contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
- Work with a solid Human Resources team including an HR Business Partner, two HR Representatives and an HR Coordinator.
- Have the best of both worlds -- the tight-knit team culturein Florence and the stability and resources of a growing organization with an international footprint.
- Enjoy competitive compensation + bonus opportunity, strong benefits and the security of a business that will continue to operate throughout this and any future crises.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, we have been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for the Human Resources Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Business Administration or similar required; a master's degree is preferred
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in HR strategy development, organizational design, staffing, talent management and change management
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or distribution environment, ideally in produce or food products, is highly preferred
- Ability to understand business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective, develop solutions and implement action plans
- Deep knowledge of all state and federal employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA
- Employee Relations experience supporting hourly employees
- Experience supporting front-line, field-based client groups
- Bilingual English / Spanish, French Creole or Hindi is a plus but not required
- Proven project/change management skills, including attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Capability to maintain confidentiality with tasks and information
- Demonstrated managerial skills building and leading teams
- Demonstrated successful delivery of results through influence and cross-functional collaboration
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills
- A self-starter compelled to take the initiative to lead and drive improvements without constant direction
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Role Overview
Reporting to the Plant Director with a dotted line to the Corporate HR Director, as Human Resources Manager, you will serve as a strategic partner to plant leadership in Florence by defining and implementing a people strategy that aligns and integrates with business strategy and objectives. It will be essential that you fully understand the operational and financial drivers of the business so that your integrated people strategy addresses organization design, talent agenda and programs from acquisition through development/retention, organizational effectiveness and change management, organizational culture and employee engagement, employee rewards and recognition, and functional HR leadership.
You will lead an HR team at the plant supporting a client group of approximately 600, including frontline hourly employees and 40 salaried staff. During the COVID-19 crisis, you can expect a good deal of firefighting as we keep production moving. Strong communication and employee relations will be key. Currently, you can expect to spend approximately 70% of your time on tactical duties, 20% on strategy and the remaining 10% dealing with issues and changes as they arise. As we move away from the virus, your role will become highly strategic (+/-80%) with far fewer tactical responsibilities.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage and develop local HR team talent and empower them to own the HR strategies for their assigned client groups while ensuring consistency across the plant.
- Drive strategies to deliver performance culture and coach leaders and managers on the effective use of tools.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Create strategies and focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building the pipeline for future needs. Execute staffing strategies for exempt/non-exempt hiring needs. Leverage metrics such as turnover and absenteeism to develop proactive staffing strategies.
- Coach business leaders on key organizational issues as well as HR policies and processes to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Ensure activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA.
- Plan and lead organization design projects related to business strategy (vision, mission, values), organization structure, team effectiveness and culture that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Guide leaders and employees regarding Company policies, values, HR programs (benefits, pay and salary) administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner.
- Resolve employee relations issues and complete investigations in a timely manner.
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. This is a demanding role, made even more so in the challenging environment caused by COVID-19. We'll look for you to hit the ground running as you join us to help manage the day-to-day demands and drive long-term cultural change. You'll have the advantage of being in a plant with a strong and stable management team and low turn over, along with the challenges of some employees out of leave, others nervous to work, and higher instances of calling in sick. Strong HR leadership and heavy employee relations will be essential both to create calm and to earn credibility in the early months.
In addition, to be an outstanding Human Resources Manager, you will:
- Drive positive employee relations, setting the tone by example; foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers; demonstrate listening skills and ensure the physical safety of yourself and others
- Set and manage expectations; effectively drive change
- Own your role and responsibilities, meeting demands with integrity, fairness and openness
- Demonstrate excellence and deliver quality results by taking initiative, acting with a sense of urgency and being flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Promote common sense and encourage a fun and friendly environment
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and timely
- Bring a strong work ethic and pride in your work
Apply on company website