You're mechanically inclined, and production and quality minded. You have an eye for detail and enjoy taking ownership of your responsibilities. If that sounds like you, and you have some production/manufacturing experience, ideally in the Food and Beverage or CPG industries, the role of Label Machine Operator could be your perfect fit. Here's why. You will:
- Play an important role on our production line, ensuring each product (i.e. Bistro Bowl) and case is properly labeled according to customer specifications, QA guidelines, and regulations.
- Positively impact operations by ensuring the labeling equipment is effectively maintained and properly operated to meet all production demands in a fast-paced, multi-shift environment.
- Learn and enhance your skills, while demonstrating your potential for advancement. This role could be a gateway to a Production Clerk or another machine operator position.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy along with support when they need it. We also place a high value on continuous improvement and welcome your strong ideas.
- Have the best of both worlds -- the tight-knit team environment in Jackson and the stability and resources of a growing industry and organization with an international footprint.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA) and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, we have been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for Label Machine Operator opportunity, you will have:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 6 months to a year of related experience or on-the-job training, such as experience running a production machine or completing basic maintenance on machinery; at a minimum, this role requires mechanical aptitude and some technical background
- Ability use basic tools to adjust and maintain the labeling equipment
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Basic math skills and computer skills
- Ability to understand plant KPIs (e.g. production goals, quality and safety)
- Ability to multi-task and cross-train as needed
- Ability to work independently, as well as to contribute in a team environment; ability to serve as knowledgeable resources and support team members
- Willingness and flexibility to work in an environment that may be cold and wet, loud, and where you'll work with mechanical moving parts
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-shift plant environment
- A strong work ethic including reliability and dependability
- Basic knowledge of production equipment (e.g. labeling (Herma), sealing, bagging equipment (Hayssen), scale system (Ishida & Yamato), metal detector) is a plus
- Food and beverage industry experience
More specifically, you will:
- Follow good manufacturing practices (GMPs), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), SQF, and Safety guidelines
- Follow and maintain of HACCP, cleaning and Sanitation guidelines and processes
- Complete product change over tasks on the label and case applicator
- Follow daily pre-flight inspections
- Complete required documentation
- Confirm correct labels are being applied to product/case
- Thread labels and program information into equipment
- Conduct changeovers
- Verify date, lot code, and plant code are printed correctly on labels/cases every time labels are changed; test run labels
- Ensure orienter/guide is set up correctly; adjust equipment settings (position, speed of label, start position of labels) during startup and throughout the run
- Set up and clean label applicator
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. Those who succeed in the role of Label Machine Operator are self-starters who take pride in their work and ownership of their responsibilities. They have strong communication and decision making skills, are proactive and process-driven, and methodical about ensuring the proper labels are being applied after every changeover. They are also driven to learn and improve. You'll know you're hitting the mark when people in your area look to you for support and/or assistance.
To be an outstanding Label Machine Operator, you will:
- Set and manage expectations
- Have an unwavering commitment to food safety
- Drive positive employee relations, setting the tone by example
- Own your role and responsibilities, maintaining a commitment to quality
- Deliver results, working to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Dedicate yourself to learning, including cross-training with other lines
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and timely
- Bring a strong work ethic and pride in your work
Apply on company website