Company: Bonduelle Fresh Americas
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
If you are a problem-solver with strong multitasking skills and an eye for detail, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Play an important role -- even if you don't have direct experience -- and impact both quality and safety.
- Join a company that is proactive about helping you get ready for the next step in your career, including cross-training in different areas.
- Develop your people skills as you provide feedback to production operators to maintain high standards of quality and safety.
- Leverage what you learn and showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in quality assurance or other areas of our organization.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy and their contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. This could be a great opportunity for a recent graduate of a quality assurance or food science program, or even someone who is currently working on such a degree. To be a good fit for the Line Inspector opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A proven ability to multitask.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- A detail orientation.
- Experience in production environments is strongly preferred. Quick question for you - click here
- The ability to:
- Learn quickly.
- Work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand overall plant operations and key performance indicators (KPIs) for production, quality and safety.
- Excellent communication abilities, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Comprehension of basic math.
- Experience with food processing or quality assurance is a plus.
We're hiring for both the first and second shifts. The first shift starts at 5:30 am and the second shift starts at 3:30 pm. Neither shift has a scheduled out time, and you'll need to be flexible. Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Reporting to a Quality Assurance Lead, you will join a team of Line Inspectors that supports both the front end and packout sections of our production line for Bistro products. Most likely you will start in the packout section, but you'll be trained for both areas. In either section you will be hands on with the product, including checking quality and temperature, assisting technicians with line washdown and clearance, helping the production team troubleshoot any issues, and more.
More specifically, you will:
- Follow GMP/PPE, Safety guidelines.
- Follow and maintain HACCP and sanitation guidelines and processes.
- Understands yield standards.
- Work safely around moving equipment & conveyors in wet environment.
- Complete product change over tasks.
- Weigh bowls using scales.
- Conduct metal detector verifications.
- Verify that product meets quality standards for size and color without having foreign objects or defects.
- Perform equipment adjustments, equipment center lining, and pre-flight startup inspections.
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and incentive bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. There will be a learning curve, and we'll look to you to be proactive as you get up to speed. Pivotal to your success will be your people and communication skills. You'll alert Production Operators when there are issues, but we don't position ourselves as "quality police." You should maintain a level-headed, positive approach and build rapport with the Operators. For the most part, you'll find them open to your input, but there will also be times when you need to be assertive.
The production environment is fast-paced and busy, and you'll need to monitor and be aware of many activities. The role calls for a cool-headed professional who can manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Line Inspector, you will:
- Promote safety as well as quality.
- Pay attention to details and also grasp the bigger picture.
- Combine creativity and analytical skills in solving problems.
- Assume ownership of and accountability for your responsibilities.
Apply on company website