Company: Bonduelle Fresh Americas
Location: Florence Township, NJ
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
If you have proven strong multitasking abilities and great people skills, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Launch a high-potential career in quality assurance and make an impact on production.
- Develop your interpersonal skills as you provide feedback to your team members to maintain high standards of quality and safety.
- Earn a competitive wage, overtime and comprehensive benefits.
- Leverage what you learn and showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in quality assurance or other areas of our organization.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy and their contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for the Line Inspector opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment, ideally including quality responsibilities.
- Work experience demonstrating reliability and self-motivation.
- A proven ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to:
- Learn quickly.
- Work independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Understand plant key performance indicators (KPIs) for production, quality and safety.
- Excellent communication abilities, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- 3:30 AM to completion (whenever production is done for the day)
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. You will play a key quality assurance role within the plant and supports QA team leads in safeguarding compliance with food safety and quality requirements. As a QA Tech 1 at Bonduelle Fresh Americas, you will embrace our vision of Giving People the Freedom to Eat Healthier™ through excellence and daily performance of essential quality assurance functions, including finished goods checks and sampling for PCT testing (hold & release products).
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure compliance with and maintain all GMP/PPE/Safety, HACCP & Sanitation guidelines and processes.
- Understand and implement requirements for product sampling and sample product following PCT sampling procedures established by the customer and corporate QA.
- Sample finished product for Hold & Release PCT sampling as required by customers; prepare logs and submit samples for Hold & Release tests.
- Conduct seal integrity tests on finished products and ensure PMOs/SMOs perform equipment adjustments as needed to ensure 100% compliance with seal integrity. Identify any and all non-conformances, document and report it to the PMO/SMO and production leads for immediate follow-up; correct abnormalities and restore functioning where needed.
- Clean and/or fill-up the Haug tank at the start of every shift and maintain tank water level and cleanliness throughout the shift.
- Log leaks, non-conformances and sample submissions in the QA database. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world.
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and incentive bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. There will be a learning curve, and we'll look to you to be proactive as you get up to speed. Pivotal to your success will be your people and communication skills. You'll alert Frontline Coordinators and other key contacts when there are issues, but we don't position ourselves as "quality police." You should maintain a positive approach and build rapport with the Operators. For the most part you'll find them open to your input, but there also will be times when you need to be assertive.
The production environment is fast-paced and busy, and you'll need to monitor and be aware of many activities. The role calls for a cool-headed professional who can manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively. In addition, in order to be an outstanding QA Tech 1, you will:
- Promote safety as well as quality.
- Pay attention to details and also grasp the bigger picture.
- Combine creativity and analytical skills in solving problems.
- Assume ownership of and accountability for your responsibilities.
Apply on company website