If you combine mechanical aptitude with a strong work ethic and the ability to learn quickly, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Build a progressive career home with us. This is an entry-level role and experience is not required, but once you prove yourself, there will be opportunities to advance.
- Earn a competitive wage, potential overtime and comprehensive benefits.
- Enjoy a positive and team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy and their contributions are appreciated.
- Be protected by COVID-19 precautions, including company-provided masks and daily temperature checks.
- Become part of the recession-resistant food industry and help support the production of healthy, sustainable foods that are also convenient for consumers.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Machine Operator 2 opportunity, you will have:
- A GED or high school diploma.
- The ability to:
- Work very safely near moving mechanical parts, including blades. Quick question for you - click here
- Move, push and pull drums with a hoist.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP & Sanitation guidelines and processes.
- Read, write and speak English, and comprehend basic math.
- Work in a team environment.
- Be cross-trained and multitask in multiple positions.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ascend and descend stairs and ladders for repairs.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to multi-task.
- 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM (or whenever production is done for the day)
- 3:30 PM to completion (whenever production is done for the day)
- Conduct pre-shift and post-shift quality inspections for blades, spin dryers, barrels, and flume system. Perform preventative maintenance of equipment when necessary.
- Conduct visual checks of defects, foreign objects, size, color, quality, etc.
- Ensure compliance with and maintain all GMP/PPE/safety, HACCP & sanitation guidelines and processes.
- Maintain an uninterrupted flow of product by dispensing raw product into barrels, mixer machines, feeding spin dryers and hoppers while utilizing automated hoists (300lbs -- 500lbs).
- Work safely around moving equipment, hoist systems and conveyers in a wet environment, including safe handling of blades.
- Manage and reduce waste (product giveaway) by diligently operating equipment.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to complete required documentation (blade verification).
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage and overtime opportunities, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more.
Apply on company website