If you combine technical experience in production environments with a strong work ethic, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Expand your skills as you build a progressive career home with us. We're planning to expand automation, so you'll learn new machines when that happens Quick question for you - click here
- Showcase your potential to advance while earning a competitive wage, potential overtime and comprehensive benefits
- Enjoy a positive and team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy and their contributions are appreciated
- Be protected by COVID-19 precautions, including company-provided masks and daily temperature checks
- Become part of the recession-resistant food industry and help support the production of healthy, sustainable foods that are also convenient for consumers
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Machine Operator 3 opportunity, you will have:
- A GED or high school diploma
- 3 to 5 years of technical experience in production environments, preferably in the food & beverage industry Strong mechanical aptitude Experience with PLC equipment
- The ability to:
- Work very safely near moving mechanical parts, including blades
- Understand plant KPIs (production, quality and safety)
- Read, write and speak English, and comprehend basic math
- Work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Be cross-trained and multitask in multiple positions
- Lead and direct workflow as necessary
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
We're hiring for the 1st and 2nd shift and we'll look to you to be flexible with your schedule to meet production demands. In general you will have Thursdays and Sundays off, but you also will need to be willing to come in on your days off to perform autonomous maintenance. Quick question for you - click here
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. This is a key role in the manufacturing plant and supports team leads as they drive production to the highest safety, quality and efficiency standards. You will operate and maintain Yamato scale/case packers and T300/T400 tray sealers, and also maintain other equipment, such as label printers, denesters and metal detectors. You'll report to a Frontline Coordinator and fill in when the FC is away from the line.
More specifically, you will:
- Follow good manufacturing practices (GMPs), personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements, and safety guidelines
- Perform, set up and operate sealing equipment
- Complete the daily schedule
- Follow and maintain HACCP and sanitation guidelines and processes
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) to complete downtime reporting and hourly production rates
- Complete preventative maintenance (PM) and clean, inspect, lubricate (CIL) tasks, and conduct proper trouble shooting as necessary
- Maintain yield standards, production efficiency (80% +), and quality standards
- Comply with SQF regulatory requirements
- Perform proper scanning of line downtime and scan proper parts/SKUs
- Perform equipment adjustments, equipment center lining, and pre-flight start up inspection, including cleaning condensation
- Communicate and educate other associates for the purpose of maintaining good product quality as it enters the sealing equipment
- Maintain a clean work area using good housekeeping
- Follow and enforce the 5S Methodology including maintaining tools and equipment as defined by the 5S marking
- Conduct autonomous maintenance (AM) activities, including detecting abnormalities, correcting abnormalities and restoring functioning, setting optimum equipment conditions and maintaining optimal equipment conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage and overtime opportunities, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. We're looking for a reliable individual who is motivated to take responsibility and ownership for this position. You should have the technical understanding to recognize that, when you change something in one part of a machine, it may impact other parts. Our best PMOs take pride in a job well done and are reliable, flexible about overtime, able to make it to work every day and ready to get the job done.
In addition, to be an outstanding PMO, you will:
- Deliver consistent quality results, bring a sense of urgency, take initiative, and demonstrate flexibility to meet business needs
- Foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrate listening skills, and ensure the physical safety of yourself and others
- Honor commitments, and act honestly and with accountability
- Ensure objectivity and set a good example for others
Apply on company website