If you combine experience in shipping, receiving, material handling or a similar warehouse role with strong self-motivation and the drive to learn and excel, the role of Material Handler 2 offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Join a strong receiving team that works well together and where you can take ownership of your responsibilities. People enjoy working here, as demonstrated by the many long-term employees.
- Enjoy the outstanding training and mentorship necessary to thrive and excel here. For example, you will receive comprehensive training (typically 2-weeks) on receiving operations, GMP, safety and other relevant topics, ongoing cross-training opportunities, and earn certification on the stand-up forklift and electric pallet jack.
- We are a safety-first organization and take safety seriously as demonstrated by our excellent safety record.
- Have the best of both worlds -- the tight-knit team culture in Florence and the stability and resources of a growing organization with an international footprint.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in New Jersey or at other locations. We hire from within whenever possible and you'll find examples throughout the plant of people who have worked their way up. From this role, you could move to a Materials Handler 3 or pursue advancement in other areas such as Operations or Production.
- Bonduelle is making a strong investment in the Florence facility, adding a good deal of automation. They are committed to investing in equipment, people and operations to deliver top-tier fresh products.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Material Handler 2 opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of material handling/ shipping and/or receiving experience, ideally, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to use an RF scanner
- Willingness to work in a cold, fast-paced environment. You'll work in areas ranging from 35° (most often) to 50°.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member
- Basic math skills, including, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and averages
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Experience in a food production environment is preferred
- Ability to pass a basic math test and drug test prior to hire
You should also know:
While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to perform repetitive movements. You'll regularly work near moving mechanical parts, regularly be exposed to extreme cold, and frequently works in high, precarious places. Additionally, you will occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. You will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including steel or composite toe shoes.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Opportunity Overview
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor and taking direction from a team lead, as Material Handler 2, you will work on the Shipping team and be responsible for picking and unloading products rapidly. You'll verify order accuracy, and ensure proper storage and rotation.
You will join a 2nd shift Shipping team and work on the dock, shipping Bistro, fresh-cut salad and specialty food products, operating an RF scanner and demonstrating initiative and a sense of urgency. A commitment to safety will also be essential. You will be exposed to multiple refrigerated areas within production and refrigerated trucks. Because of our products, all trucks are refrigerated.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure compliance with and maintain all GMP/PPE/Safety, HACCP & Sanitation guidelines and processes.
- Rotate product by date in the storage cooler while staying in rotation and picking correct product based on age.
- Pick orders and stage by route. Responsible for loading the product onto the correct truck in the correct sequence to ensure the customer receives their product.
- Locate product in the JDE/DSI system into the designated location using a scanner.
- Ensure all orders are picked on correct pallets (iGPS, Chep, White wood) and wrap pallets.
- Move finished goods from production to the cooler and ensure proper product temperature.
- Inspect trailers for any odor or holes and confirm the chute is clean. Ensure trailers are locked in the dock door.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage and overtime opportunities, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. To be an outstanding Material Handler II, you will be highly self-motivated, follow directions well, pay attention to detail, and maintain the desire to learn. You'll also interact with a variety of people from different cultures, so you should have solid communication abilities and good people skills, including the ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships. Those who thrive here tend to share key traits, including:
- Excellence - the ability to deliver consistent quality results through a sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
- People-mindedness - ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrate listening skills and ensure the physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity - honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
- Fairness - ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
- Safety-oriented - always aware of personal safety and the safety of peers
Apply on company website