If you combine strong mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair skills with a resourceful, think-on-your-feet approach, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Add to your skills and knowledge by learning new equipment -- in fact, we are making significant investments in automation here at the Florence facility
- Work a unique schedule that allows you to work four days a week with every other weekend off. There also will be opportunities to earn overtime
- Become part of a growing industry -- while others are laying people off, the food industry serves an essential need
- Showcase your potential to advance, possibly to a Mechanic III or Technician role, or even into lead or supervisory positions
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture while earning a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle(BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, we have been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Mechanic II opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; trade school certification is preferred
- 2-5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility; food & beverage or CPG manufacturing experience is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA, FDA and GMP requirements as they pertain to maintenance activities at a food processing facility (we'll train you where you have gaps)
- Strong electrical skills and knowledge including the ability to:
- Work with and troubleshoot 480-volts systems with simple electrical controls
- Repair 110-volt outlets, switches, timers, etc.
- Proven mechanical skills and knowledge including:
- Mechanical drive fundamentals (e.g. chain drive sprocket and gearbox ratios, etc.)
- The ability to maintain, repair and replace mechanical components of automated equipment, drive and conveyor belts and chains, pumps, overhead door track and panel replacements, etc.
- A basic understanding of PLC equipment repair; programming skills are a plus
- Basic welding skills (TIG/MIG)
- The ability to read piping diagrams and identify the function of various components for air and water distribution systems
- The ability to qualify for forklift and scissor lift certification
- Your own basic set of tools
- Working knowledge of basic protective equipment requirements as they apply to maintenance personnel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in English; bilingual skills are a plus
- The ability to build positive working relationships and foster mutual respect
- A sense of urgency with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment where equipment must remain online
- A positive attitude, open mind and willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently and as a strong team player
- Integrity, honesty and accountability, as well as a strong work ethic including reliability and dependability
- The ability to sustain physical effort and lift 50 pounds
You will be in a scheduled rotation requiring that you work every other weekend Each week you will have a weekday off, and that may change from week to week. Your schedule may include holidays, and you'll need to be flexible about working overtime as necessary.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Role Overview
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will join a team responsible for supporting production by safely maintaining Ready Pac equipment to produce the highest quality fresh-cut produce at the lowest possible cost. In performing your role, GMP practices, environmental and regulatory requirements are to be satisfied. Additionally, you'll maintain a continuous improvement mindset and contribute to and implement department programs, procedures and systems as needed.
Throughout the day, you'll respond to calls. When there is downtime, you'll rebuild and repair parts in the shop or work on projects as assigned. In addition to using your technical skills, you'll leverage your communication skills daily as you respond to emergency calls and do preventative maintenance. You'll work with and discuss issues with other mechanics, supervisors and production personnel. You'll also work with the Maintenance Buyer and suppliers to request parts and obtain information.
More specially, as part of your other responsibilities, you will:
- Employ 480-volt electrical safety practices when work working with electricity
- Safely operate shop equipment such as grinders, cut-off saws, power tools, ladders, forklift, scissor lift, etc.
- Employ knowledge of equipment Lock-Out/Tag-Out requirements, never by-passing safety devices under any circumstances
- Wear/use PPE as needed and required and follow GMO compliance standards
- Replace slicer/cutter/dicer blade assemblies and perform the necessary adjustments
- Replace mechanical components on automated equipment
- Perform mechanical adjustments such as tensioning drive belts, conveyor belts and chains
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems
- Weld stainless steel as per standards for the food industry
- Troubleshoot 480-volt systems with simple electrical controls (start/stop)
- Perform simple building electrical repairs such as replacing 110-volt outlets and switches, relamp fixtures, set landscape timers etc.
- Working conditions are typical for maintenance mechanic roles. You will frequently enter and stay in refrigerated areas of the plant for extended periods to perform maintenance activities
- Sustained physical effort is required, including the use of ladders and catwalks to reach troubleshoot and maintain production and facilities equipment
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage and overtime opportunities, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. Those who succeed in the role of Mechanic II are self-starters who take pride in their work and ownership of their responsibilities. They are resourceful problem-solvers; for example, if a replacement part is not available immediately, they figure out how to keep things running. They are flexible and hard-working and pitch in where needed.
In addition, to be an outstanding Mechanic II, you will:
- Always maintain a safe work environment; safety is paramount
- Own your role and responsibilities, maintaining a commitment to quality and strict attention to detail
- Function effectively in a team environment where continuous improvement is expected through communication and cooperation
- Dedicate yourself to learning and increasing your skills
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and timely
- Bring schedule flexibility and a sense of urgency
Apply on company website